Drinking Water Class Action


Community Notice

Important Opportunity- Deadline March 7, 2023

Drinking Water Class Action

What is it? The Drinking Water Class Action was a court case against Canada related to drinking water advisories on reserves that now been settled. Lac Seul First Nation Band Members can apply for compensation from the settlement funds. How much money you will receive depends on many factors.

Who is Eligible? You must meet BOTH the initial requirements AND all of the requirements in either option one OR option two.


What Type of Applications are There?

Basic Application   Specific Harm Application
  •  If you meet the eligibility requirements you can apply for compensation, using the basic application form.
  • If you were directly harmed by the drinking water advisory you can apply for additional compensation.

Where Can I get the Application Form?

Download: https://firstnationsdrinkingwater.ca/index.php/claim-forms/
Paper Copy: Available to pick up at any of the Band Offices


How Do I Apply? Completed applications and attached documents can be sent by: