Posted: February 21, 2024
COVID-19 Update from Chief and Council May 8th, 2020
Friday, May 8, 2020
Chief and Council and the Emergency Control Group appreciate the cooperation of community members in our effort to ensure the health and safety of our people during this pandemic. The health and safety of our members is our priority and while we have not had any COVID-19 cases in our community, we remain vigilant in our efforts to reduce exposure.
In our effort to maintain health and safety, we currently remain in Level Orange on the LSFN Alert Level System. As we slowly and carefully consider easing the restrictions in place, we will now be allowing traffic to enter and leave the community on Saturdays. Bridge access will remain restricted from 6:00PM on Saturday until 8:00AM on Monday.
We will continue to monitor the situation and provide any updates in the coming weeks. While we have been very fortunate to not have cases in our community, we ask that members continue to be cautious. The following guidelines continue to remain in place:
- 24/7 Safety Point at the FMH Road Bridge
- Only Lac Seul residents and essential staff have access to the First Nation
- No vehicle access from 8:00PM to 8:00AM daily
- Curfew is in effect from 9:00PM to 7:00AM. Please remain in your residence during these hours.
- Weekend closures from 6:00PM Saturday to 8:00AM Monday
We also remind you that gatherings of more than 5 people are prohibited. If this is not followed, Lac Seul Police will issue a charge under the Emergency Management and Civil Protections Act.