Technician – Environmental
Evolution Mining is a leading, growth focused globally relevant gold company. Evolution was created in late 2011 and operates five wholly owned mines across Australia and Ontario, Canada. We are passionate about our values of safety, excellence, accountability and respect and they underpin everything we do.
The purpose of the Environmental Technician role is to be responsible for monitoring activities in the environmental department to ensure compliance with provincial and federal regulations, as well as with Evolution’s Sustainability Performance Standards.
- Roster: 5 days on/ 2 days off/ 4 days on/ 3 days off – 9.5 hour shifts
- Fixed Term position – 18 month
- Residential position, no FIFO
- We offer competitive salaries, bonus structures and future growth
- Location: Red Lake, Canada
At Evolution, we’re passionate about Our Culture and Values.
We are an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity, offering exceptional career environments at our Sites and our Group Office, that are challenging, rewarding and fun for all employees. We are regularly supporting our employees’ work-life integration and provide a stimulating and inclusive environment to foster development.
Evolution Mining is a leading, growth-focused globally relevant gold company. We were created in late 2011 and operate five wholly owned mines across Australia and Ontario, Canada. In addition, we hold an economic interest in the Ernest Henry copper-gold mine in Queensland.
We are committed to supporting the communities in which we operate, with local applicants encouraged to apply.
About the role
The Environmental Technician role offers an exceptional opportunity to interpret environmental legislation, provincial acts, and regulations.
Key result areas in this role include:
- Conduct activities related to various environmental monitoring programs:
- Spill response plan
- Tailings management, including environmental inspections
- Water and wastewater treatment
- Surface water and groundwater monitoring
- Air emissions
- Closure planning
- Waste management
- Tracking and reporting on field activity
- Communicate with and manage external laboratory services
- Maintain water quality database and records
About our Operation
Our Red Lake Operation is located in an area where you will experience the best in Northern lifestyle, in the heart of a lake-studded, boreal forest region in Sunset Country. Red Lake is known for its natural beauty, abundant wildlife, and incredible Canadian fishing in the many freshwater lakes in the area. The Red Lake district is located 180 kilometers north of Dryden about 100 kilometers from the Manitoba border in Northwestern Ontario, Canada. It spans 42,000 hectares and has produced over 29 million ounces of gold since 1949. Our Red Lake Operation includes the Red Lake and Campbell underground mining and processing complexes, and Cochenour, a potential new source of ore. As Evolution’s newest asset and our first in North America, we are excited by the opportunities here.
Safety is our priority
The safety, health and wellbeing of our people and the communities in which we operate are of paramount importance to us. We believe that every injury is preventable, and we are committed to providing a healthy and safe workplace and empowering our people to stop any unsafe behaviour, enabling everyone to work together towards an injury free workplace.
As an Environmental Technician, you will have 2 year College Diploma in the Environmental field. It is also important that you have/ can demonstrate:
- Valid G class Driver’s License
- Strong interpersonal skills and able to work effectively with others
- Capable of following written procedures with strong attention to detail
- Excellent prioritization and time management abilities and able to adhere to tight timelines
- Works effectively in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and adapts well to constant change
- Ability to work in all weather conditions and ability to use sampling equipment including boats and ATVs
- Excellent work ethic and communication skills
Closing date: Open until filled
We thank you for taking the time to submit your application. For more information, you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org
External candidates can apply online by visiting https://careers.evolutionmining.com.au
Internal candidates must apply through ERROLL under internal vacancies, please ensure to notify your supervisor of your application.
We want your perspective and ideas to help us find better ways to build our team. You can be part of a committed, highly skilled team who will appreciate what you bring to the table. You will set and achieve goals and make decisions that matter, as together we help shape and contribute to the Evolution vision. As an equal opportunity employer, Evolution is committed to diversity, inclusion, and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.