Technical & Environmental Manager
Domtar Inc., Dryden Operations, is currently seeking an individual to become part of our leadership team. Reporting to the mill manager, you will be responsible for providing strategic leadership to the environment, quality and technical teams and overseeing organizational compliance with local, provincial and federal environment regulations.
More specifically, you will:
- Manage the continuing effectiveness and improvement of our Quality Management, Environmental Management, and Forest Certification Chain of Custody System processes.
- Oversee organizational compliance with local, provincial and federal environment regulations.
- Manage the sustainability plan for the mill which focuses on minimizing our environmental footprint.
- Lead and develop the environmental and technical group
- Support mill-wide continuous improvement initiatives.
- Establish strategic priorities by partnering with operations, maintenance, and other departments.
The ideal candidate,
- You will hold a degree in Chemical or Environmental Engineering.
- Minimum 8 years’ experience in a leadership role in the pulp & paper industry.
- Leadership skills that include a proven ability to coach and develop team members to a higher level of performance.
- Demonstrated planning, organizing and problem solving ability.
- Knowledge of industrial safety procedures and regulations.
- Demonstrated effectiveness at developing/implementing/optimizing EMS, QMS.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including technical writing, budget preparation and presentations.
- Demonstrated ability to develop effective working relationships within operational teams.
- Excellent computer skills, including the ability to read, analyze and interpret data.
- Experience with FSC certification an asset
- Strong knowledge of ISO 9001 and ISO 14001.
If you are interested in an opportunity to work with an organization that is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers a full range of employee benefits and a competitive wage package, consider joining our Team. Please apply online by following the link below and attach your cover letter and resume.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.