Talent Acquisition Coordinator
Sioux Lookout First Nation Health Authority
Talent Acquisition Coordinator
Sioux Lookout Position Location: Sioux Lookout
Salary range $61,228 to 78,804
The Talent Acquisition Coordinator is responsible for delivering all facets of recruiting throughout departments within the organization. This will be achieved through the development of recruiting ideas, employing traditional sourcing strategies and resources as well as developing new creative recruiting ideas. The position plays a critical role in ensuring we are attracting the best possible talent by assisting in executing recruiting plans, social media advertising, networking through industry contacts, association memberships, allied health professional colleges, trade groups, employees and coordinating/implementing university/college recruiting initiatives.
Who can apply: Persons of First Nations ancestry will be given preference (s.16 (1)CHRA)
Applicants must possess:
- Diploma in Human Resources, Business or equivalent experience acceptable to the employer
- One-three years related experience in field of health and/or organizational recruitment.
- Strong organizational (multi-tasking and prioritizing skills), project management and interpersonal skills.
- Proven Computer skills and software experience.
- Proven knowledge, experience and understanding of Northern First Nation communities.
- Ability to work with all levels of staff (independently or part of a team) internally/externally and build relationship with stakeholders.
- Proficient written and oral communication skills.
- Knowledge of one of the First Nations dialects within the Sioux Lookout Region is a definite asset.
- Knowledge of legislative standards and guidelines as they relate to the recruitment process (e.g., human rights, employment standards/guideline, etc.).
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Effectively source applicants for open positions, ensuring special emphasis is given to locating Indigenous candidates.
- Coordinating and conducting the full scope of human resources recruitment activities as required within approved budget; including but not limited to developing, planning, coordinating and administering all recruitment processes.
- Serve as an expert in recruitment and selection.
- Working collaboratively to educate program directors, hiring managers, supervisors, staff and general public on recruitment policies and procedures.
- Confers and partnering with management to effectively identify and address recruitment needs and issues in a timely manner; including but not limited to job specification, job duties, qualifications/skills and work with hiring managers on recruiting planning meetings.
- Work with health services program managers to locate and document where to find ideal candidates.
- Communicate with managers and employees regularly to establish rapport, provide feedback, gauge moral and source new candidate leads.
- Evaluate recruitment and selection criteria to ensure legal compliance and validity to professional, statistical, and testing standards, recommending revision as needed.
- Lead the creation of a recruiting plan for each open position.
- Creating and posting employment advertisements and openings using in newspaper and to various internal/external media, using social and professional networking sites to identify and source candidates, researching new ways of using the internet for recruitment and in using other position appropriate venues.
- Coordinating the application of external social media ads and web site.
- Acts as the HRIS (Recruitment System) super user for training and developing HR and SLFNHA Leaders.
- Assisting with internal talent management planning.
- Utilize the internet for recruitment, post positions to appropriate internet sources.
- Build network to identify qualified candidates through industry contacts, association memberships, trade groups and employees.
- Use social and professional networking sites to improve organizations’ online presence, reaching out to other entities to promote employment opportunities, identify/source candidates and develop pool of qualified candidates.
- Attend and participate in career fairs for recruiting and company recognition.
- Recruit applicants for open positions, making public presentations regarding the organization and job opportunities; coordination staff participation, set up, and work at job fairs.
- Maintain a continuing relationship with First Nations Communities, universities and colleges where recruitment activities were carried out.
- Inform potential applicants about facilities, operations, benefits, and job or career opportunities in organizations.
- Review, filter and pre-screen all qualified candidates for employment subject to the job description and minimum hiring criteria (language clarity, work history, education, training, job skills and salary etc.) and contacting applicants if needed to evaluate qualifications.
- Respond to first enquiry emails from candidates, provide information to candidates and send preliminary interest forms as required.
- Refer candidates to appropriate program directors for additional interviews with others in organization where required by management.
- Coordinate all internal recruitment processes including job posting, transfers or promotion of selected employees ensuring all applicable standards in hiring are met.
- Maintain accurate record of recruiting process and draft/type correspondence as required.
- Support and promote organization/human resources department initiative, provide assistance in the absence of HR Advisors and any other duties as required.
- Acts in a generalist capacity as required, including relief of other HR positions
As per policy, applicants should note that COVID-19 Immunization is a condition of employment within SLFNHA.
Please send cover letter, resume, three most recent employment references and an up-to-date Criminal Reference Check with a Vulnerable Persons Sector Check to:
Human Resource Department
Sioux Lookout First Nations Health Authority
P.O. Box 1300, 61 Queen Street
Sioux Lookout, ON P8T 1B8
Phone: (807) 737-1802
Fax: (807) 737-2969
Closing Date: Open to Filled
The Health Authority wishes to thank all applicants in advance.
However, only those granted an interview will be contacted.
For additional information regarding the Health Authority, please visit our Web-site at www.slfnha.com
SLFNHA is a proud supporter of Mikinakoos Children’s Fund. To find out more, visit www.mikinakoos.com