Supervisor – Mining (Drill & Blast Coordinator)
Supervisor – Mining (Drill & Blast Coordinator)
Evolution Mining is a premier global gold company. Evolution was created in late 2011 and operates five wholly owned mines across Australia and Ontario, Canada. We are passionate about our values of safety, excellence, accountability and respect and they underpin everything we do.
The purpose of the Drill and Blast Coordinator will be to coordinate the underground drilling and blasting operations.
- Schedule: 14 days on/14 days off – 12 hour shifts
- We offer competitive salaries, bonus structures and future growth
- Location: Red Lake, Canada
At Evolution, we’re passionate about Our Culture and Values. We are an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity, offering exceptional career environments at our Sites and our Group Office, that are challenging, rewarding and fun for all employees. We are regularly supporting our employees’ work-life integration and provide a stimulating and inclusive environment to foster development.
Evolution Mining is a premier global gold company. We were created in late 2011 and operate five wholly owned mines across Australia and Ontario, Canada.
We are committed to supporting the communities in which we operate, with local applicants encouraged to apply.
The safety, health and wellbeing of our people and the communities in which we operate are of paramount importance to us. We believe that every injury is preventable, and we are committed to providing a healthy and safe workplace and empowering our people to stop any unsafe behaviour, enabling everyone to work together towards an injury free workplace.
About our Operation
Our Red Lake Operation is located in an area where you will experience the best in Northern lifestyle, in the heart of a lake-studded, boreal forest region in Sunset Country. Red Lake is known for its natural beauty, abundant wildlife, and incredible Canadian fishing in the many freshwater lakes in the area. The Red Lake district is located 180 kilometers north of Dryden about 100 kilometers from the Manitoba border in Northwestern Ontario, Canada. It spans 42,000 hectares and has produced over 29 million ounces of gold since 1949. Our Red Lake Operation includes underground mining and processing complexes in Balmertown and Cochenour, as well as the Bateman Project. As Evolution’s newest asset and our first in North America, we are excited by the opportunities here.
About the role
The Drill and Blast Coordinator will be responsible and accountable for managing the drill and blasting contract at the Red Lake Operation. The role will optimize drill and blast applications to ensure the safest and most efficient use of manpower and materials while maintaining crew health and safety, cost effectiveness, and achieving the overall environmental and corporate objectives.
Key results areas in this role include:
- Management of drilling and blasting to the contract including site audits
- Review and correct dailies and invoicing to ensure accuracy
- Implement short and long hole drill and blasting optimization
- Implement bulk explosives into RLO production
- Implement pre-split loading in both short and long hole program
- Work with engineering on drill and blast related issues or designs
- Investigate explosive related issues and follow up with suppliers to ensure adequate response as well as credits where required
- Forecast consumptions to meet site demand
- Review, edit and make new procedures as required regarding loading of explosives for both short and long hole applications
- Monitor explosive industry for new products, technologies or accessories that will make RLO more successful
- Lower direct/indirect drilling and blasting costs on a per annuum basis
- Have direct contact with consultants or industry leaders for drilling and blasting
- Implement raise pattern standardization for different heights (including drilling and blasting greater than 60 feet)
As a Drill and Blast Coordinator, you will have a Secondary School Diploma and directly related experience to Longhole Loading & Blasting, or experience working and progressing through various levels of underground mining.
It is also important that you demonstrate:
- Extensive experience in underground mining, short and long hole blasting processes
- Solid background with electronic blasting systems, non-electric systems and bulk emulsions
- Experience conducting development blasting applications
- Knowledgeable of systems utilized during pumping of bulk products
- Sound knowledge of blasting equipment
- Extensive knowledge of overall blast design and hazards/risks common to drilling and blasting operations
- Strong understanding of drilling and explosive contracts
We thank you for taking the time to submit your application. For more information, you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org
External candidates can apply online by visiting https://careers.evolutionmining.com.au
Internal candidates must apply through ERROLL under internal vacancies and inform your supervisor
We want your perspective and ideas to help us find better ways to build our team. You can be part of a committed, highly skilled team who will appreciate what you bring to the table. You will set and achieve goals and make decisions that matter, as together we help shape and contribute to the Evolution vision. As an equal opportunity employer, Evolution is committed to diversity, inclusion, and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.