Senior Planning Engineer
Senior Planning Engineer
Evolution Mining is a leading, growth focused Australian gold company. We own and operate a portfolio of gold mines across Australia. At Evolution our best discoveries are found every day through the innovation displayed by our people, our great teams, our 100% focus on getting our people home safely and our commitment to building an exceptional company. And we want you to help us discover more!
The purpose of the Senior Planning Engineer role is to be responsible for coordinating all short and medium term planning of underground mine activities ensuring that production targets are met in a safe and efficient manner at Evolution Mining Red Lake Operation.
- Roster: 5 days on/ 2 days off / 4 days on / 3 days off – 9.5 hour shifts
- We offer competitive salaries, bonus structures and future growth
- Location: Red Lake, Canada
At Evolution, we’re passionate about Our Culture and Values.
We are an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity, offering exceptional career environments at our Sites and our Group Office, that are challenging, rewarding and fun for all employees. We are regularly supporting our employees’ work-life integration and provide a stimulating and inclusive environment to foster development.
Evolution Mining is a leading, growth-focused globally relevant gold company. We were created in late 2011 and operate five wholly owned mines across Australia and Ontario, Canada. In addition, we hold an economic interest in the Ernest Henry copper-gold mine in Queensland.
We are committed to supporting the communities in which we operate, with local applicants encouraged to apply.
About the role
The Senior Planning Engineer role offers an exceptional opportunity to supervise the short-term scheduling process, undertake scheduling tasks, support implementation planning, and conduct underground inspections and safety interactions.
Key result areas in this role include:
- Establish planning priorities and assign work to appropriate planners with achievable goals
- Review conceptual, mine design and project work for accuracy, feasibility and degree of completion
- Ensure monthly production forecasts are compiled and issued in a timely fashion
- Lead and engage in improvement efforts to achieve budgets, production, operating and cost efficiencies for RLGM to remain competitive and profitable
- Regular revision of monthly plans to ensure that the overall longer-term goals are being achieved and that production targets are maintained, also that the monthly plan falls within the scope of the Budget or forecast plan
- Review cost performance and recommend improvements where necessary
- Liaison with underground operations supervisors and drilling, charging and firing teams
- Lead team through change management
- Other duties as assigned by Superintendent – Planning
About our Operation
Our Red Lake Operation is located in an area where you will experience the best in Northern lifestyle, in the heart of a lake-studded, boreal forest region in Sunset Country. Red Lake is known for its natural beauty, abundant wildlife, and incredible Canadian fishing in the many freshwater lakes in the area. The Red Lake district is located 180 kilometers north of Dryden about 100 kilometers from the Manitoba border in Northwestern Ontario, Canada. It spans 42,000 hectares and has produced over 29 million ounces of gold since 1949. Our Red Lake Operation includes the Red Lake and Campbell underground mining and processing complexes, and Cochenour, a potential new source of ore. As Evolution’s newest asset and our first in North America, we are excited by the opportunities here.
Safety is our priority
The safety, health and wellbeing of our people and the communities in which we operate are of paramount importance to us. We believe that every injury is preventable, and we are committed to providing a healthy and safe workplace and empowering our people to stop any unsafe behaviour, enabling everyone to work together towards an injury free workplace.
As a Senior Planning Engineer, you will have a Bachelor of Science in Mining Engineering. It is also important that you have/ can demonstrate:
- Professional Engineering designation or the ability to attain designation in Ontario
- Demonstrated progression throughout career with increased responsibilities
- Demonstrated experience in the underground mining industry
- Proficiency using drafting, presentation, and spreadsheet software
- Experience with Deswik and scheduling software is essential
- Must have excellent leadership, communication, time management, and continuous improvement skills
Closing date: Open until filled
We thank you for taking the time to submit your application. For more information, you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org
External candidates can apply online by visiting https://careers.evolutionmining.com.au
Internal candidates must apply through ERROLL under internal vacancies, please ensure to notify your supervisor of your application.
We want your perspective and ideas to help us find better ways to build our team. You can be part of a committed, highly skilled team who will appreciate what you bring to the table. You will set and achieve goals and make decisions that matter, as together we help shape and contribute to the Evolution vision. As an equal opportunity employer, Evolution is committed to diversity, inclusion, and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.