Senior Accommodations Clerk – Reference Number: 2023 156
Sioux Lookout First Nations Health Authority
Senior Accommodations Clerk
Full Time Position
Location: Sioux Lookout, Ontario
Salary Range: $53,641 to $65,306
Reference Number: 2023 156
If applying by email, indicate reference number in subject line
The Senior Accommodations Clerk is responsible for the overall training and orientation of Accommodation Clerks, provide day to day assistance to Accommodation Clerks, administration of the JMK Database System, updating and revising manuals. The Senior Accommodations Clerk will work collaboratively with Team Leader on new policies and procedures and act on behalf of Team Leader in his/her absence.
- Persons of First Nations ancestry will be given preference (OHRC, Part II, Special Employment).
- The ability to perform the requirements of the position on a regular basis.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of JMK Database System and Kabba System
- Minimum Grade 12
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of Hostel accommodation processes
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of NIHB processes
- Previous experience in supervisory capacity a definite asset
- An ability to understand and speak one or more of the First Nations dialects of the Sioux Lookout district: Cree, Ojibway and/or Oji-Cree an asset.
- Knowledge and understanding of Anishnawbe way of life, culture and language.
- A demonstrated ability to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing.
- Must be able to assume responsibility and make effective decisions
- Must have demonstrated abilities in office procedures and basic computer literacy.
- Must be able to work all shifts
Roles and responsibilities:
1. Training and Orientation of staff:
- Train existing accommodation clerks on JMK Database System and accommodation process.
- Train and orientate all newly hired Accommodation Clerks on as above as well as provide general orientation i.e hostel tour, assigning locker, key cards
- Training will be conducted on all shifts and will be one on one
- Provide Team Leader with updates regarding training status of employee
- Administration of JMK Database System: (Training will be provided)
- Assigning staff passwords
- Make changes/revisions to templates/reports as required
- Acting for Team Leader when Team Leader is absent:
- Day to day operation of Data Entry and Accommodations
- Attend meetings as required
- Maintain and update schedules
- Ensure billings are current and sent to finance
- Signing off and submitting staff timesheets
- Other Duties as Assigned
- Developing and maintaining a network of contacts, both inside and outside the organization, with people who may be able to supply information, assistance, or support for work-related goals. This includes building and maintaining friendly, warm relationships or a network of contacts with people who are, or might someday be, helpful in achieving work-related goals.
- Working with others to share expertise and achieve outcomes that benefit the organization; stepping in to fill necessary roles that others are unable or unwilling to do; demonstrating strong communication skills to others on the team through active listening, summarizing, facilitating and “bridge building”…
- Taking the initiative to exceed (external and internal) client expectations constantly and consistently.
- Making decisions and/or taking action that recognizes the organization`s unique integrated pattern of behaviors and characteristics.
- Creating honest, trusting, and successful working relationships with others (inside and outside the organization) by consistently demonstrating competence and reliability in job performance, and representing what is best about the organization through demonstrated principles, actions, and communications.
The typical minimum level of education to perform this job competently is equivalent to high school completion or partial high school with specialized training. The person can read text of medium difficulty requiring an understanding of basic concepts. He/she may be expected to write text intended to communicate non-technical information and, display command of spelling, grammar, punctuation and basic composition. People working at this level can be required to have certain specialized skills, and be able to comprehend somewhat complicated procedures.
Directly/indirectly related work experience representing continuous learning and required for someone to perform this job competently is one to three years.
Ongoing work assignments typically have clearly defined goals. The incumbent’s education, training, and previous experience ensure work assignments are successfully carried out because he/she understands what is expected, as well as the best approach to take.
Apply online at https://slfnha.com/careers/job-listing/
Human Resource Department
Sioux Lookout First Nations Health Authority
P.O. Box 1300, 61 Queen Street
Sioux Lookout, ON P8T 1B8
Phone: (807) 737-1802
Fax: (807) 737-2969
SLFNHA currently “Strongly Recommends” COVID-19 immunizations and requests your immunization status to be sent to our staff health department if successful in the recruitment process.
Closing Date: Open till Filled
No resumes received after this time will be accepted.
The Health Authority wishes to thank all applicants in advance.
However, only those granted an interview will be contacted.
For additional information regarding the Health Authority, please visit our website at www.slfnha.com
SLFNHA is a proud supporter of Mikinakoos Children’s Fund. To find out more, visit www.mikinakoos.com