Safety and Training Coordinator
Red Lake Madsen Mine
Department: General Admin (2000)
Employment Type: Full-Time
Minimum Experience: Experienced
Be a part of the initial team to grow and operate a regionally significant new underground mine development
that is rapidly becoming the future of the iconic Red Lake gold mining district in Ontario, Canada.
Reporting to the Health and Safety Superintendent, the Safety and Training Coordinator plays a critical role in ensuring a safe work environment, regulatory compliance, and the ongoing professional development of employees, ultimately contributing to the overall success of the Business. The Safety and Training Coordinator will work a 5/2-4/3 schedule.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Complies with all safety requirements and observes all company policies and procedures
- Knowledge of OHS act and Reg 854
- Monitor and ensure compliance with safety regulations, laws, and policies.
- Conduct regular audits, inspections, and assessments
- Maintain accurate records of employee training and certifications
- Develop and update safety policies, procedures, and guidelines.
- Engage with employees to encourage participation in safety initiatives.
- Identify training needs of the workforce
- Facilitate safety orientation programs for employees.
- Generate Safety and training reports to demonstrate compliance.
- Coordinate emergency response resources and training.
- Coach Supervision with Safety management and Incident Investigations
- Promote reporting of safety incidents and near misses.
- Periodically review and enhance safety programs and training materials
- Other duties as assigned in the Department
Skills and Experience:
- Attention to detail, organizational skills, and the ability to work semi autonomously.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- MS Office applications.
- Problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Work well with others
- Leadership and coaching Skills
- Valid Drivers License
- First aid
- Previous Experience in Underground Mine/Mill/ Safety/Training/TTT/Supervision are assets
Red Lake Madsen Mine is an equal opportunity employer who appreciates all those interested in working on this exciting project.