Physician Scheduler #2024-016
Sioux Lookout First Nations Health Authority
Location: Sioux Lookout, ON
Salary Range: $32.75 – $39.872 per hour
Reference Number: #2024-016
If applying by email, indicate reference number in subject line
Sioux Lookout First Nations Health Authority (SLFNHA) is an organization which has a mandate to coordinate the delivery of health services to the First Nations communities in the Sioux Lookout Zone. The Physician Scheduler is responsible for the advanced scheduling of regional physicians.
The Physician Scheduler is directly accountable to the Physician Contracts Lead.
This is a term position until April 1, 2025.
• Persons of First Nations ancestry will be given preference (OHRC, Part II, Special Employment)
• Minimum Grade 12
• Certificate/Diploma in Office Administration is an asset
• Minimum 1 year of administrative or clerical experience is required.
• Knowledge of Health Force Ontario and Emergency Department Locum Program programs will be considered an asset
• Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel) Products
• Working knowledge of databases and/or scheduling software
• Superior time management, organizational and administrative skills
• Ability to work independently to meet aggressive deadlines and manage multiple priorities while continuing to pay close attention to detail
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
• Ability to manage confidential and sensitive material in strict confidence
• Ability to problem solve and have strong decision-making skills
• Possess project management skills
• Proactive role in advancements of schedule communication and programs
• Possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written)
• Must have experience and understanding of Native culture, and the geographic realities and social conditions within remote First Nation communities
• The ability to perform the requirements of the position on a regular basis
Roles and Responsibilities:
1. Collecting and organizing permanent physicians work calendars and physician availability spreadsheet
2. Complete and distribute the physician’s monthly preferred work schedule within guidelines with consultation from supervisor and selected physician leadership
3. Communicate weekly schedule revisions as necessary
4. Soliciting services of both local and locum physicians to fill the gaps in the physician schedule
5. Maintaining current records of locum physicians and communicate with them regularly regarding the practice needs
6. Working with administrative personnel and physician leadership to improve the physician scheduling process
7. Handling of sensitive/confidential material strictly in confidence in accordance with SLFNHA policy.
8. Communicate with Physician Recruiter and/or Physician Contracts Lead regarding new locums to ensure privileging is completed prior to arrival
9. Maintain SLRPSI mandated services statistical information ie. North Community Day Allocation, current TBA listing and others as deemed necessary
10. Keep nursing stations informed of all scheduled Physician north visits and confirm accommodations.
11. Attend all department meetings to communicate updates on new and returning locums, Emergency Department Locum Program (EDLP) and Broader Network Physicians.
12. Provides back up support to Physician Services Provider Organization’s (PSPO’s) when required to ensure PetalMD is updated in a timely manner.
13. Collect, enter, and maintain on-call schedules for Obstetrics and Surgeon.
14. Maintain and update the Emergency Department Locum Program (EDLP) Shift Scheduler and communicate changes with all stakeholders.
15. Collect and maintain Physician scheduling preferences for all physicians within the region.
16. Ensure PetalMD is accurate at all times and contact information for on-call shifts are public and visible.
17. Add applicable allied health schedules (dental, optometry, and specialist clinics) to PetalMD.
18. Participate in a rotational after hours on-call schedule.
19. Participate in a rotational schedule of picking up & dropping Physicians off at accommodations upon arrival in Sioux Lookout
20. Provide assistance with special projects when required and any other duties as assigned.
Apply online at https://www.slfnha.com/job/physician-scheduler-ref-2024-016/.
Human Resource Department
Sioux Lookout First Nations Health Authority
P.O. Box 1300, 61 Queen Street
Sioux Lookout, ON P8T 1B8
Phone: (807) 737-1802
Fax: (807) 737-2969
SLFNHA currently “Strongly Recommends” COVID-19 immunizations and requests your immunization status to be sent to our staff health department if successful in the recruitment process.
Closing Date: Until Filled
No resumes received after this time will be accepted.
The Health Authority wishes to thank all applicants in advance. However, only those granted an interview will be contacted.
For additional information regarding the Health Authority, please visit our website at www.slfnha.com
SLFNHA is a proud supporter of Mikinakoos Children’s Fund. To find out more, visit www.mikinakoos.com