OHIP Billing Clerk
Sioux Lookout First Nation Health Authority
OHIP Billing Clerk
Term Position Location: Sioux Lookout, Ontario
Salary range starting from $45,686 to a maximum of $55,621/yearly
The OHIP Billing Clerk will work in a team environment and will be responsible for collecting, reviewing, verifying, and coding, all physician billings including third party billings for regional physicians with Sioux Lookout Regional Physician Services Inc. (SLRPSI).
The OHIP Billing Clerk will perform various clerical and accounting support duties to ensure effective performance of all billing activities related to regional physician services.
The OHIP Billing Clerk is directly accountable to the OHIP Billing Finance Lead.
This is a 6 month term position with possibility of extension.
Who can apply: Persons of First Nations ancestry will be given preference (s.16 (1)CHRA)
- High School Diploma or equivalent (GED) required.
- OMA billing course or any medical office billing course preferred.
- Medical coding and billing experience preferred: Schedule of Benefits (SOB)
- Bookkeeping or accounting experience an asset.
- Knowledge of medical billing software an asset.
- Proficient data entry skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Knowledge of computer including word processing, spreadsheets, and emails.
- Excellent communication skills including customer service skills, both verbal and written.
- As per policy, applicants should note that COVID-19 immunization is a condition of employment within SLFNHA.
- Ensure all billings from all areas and all physicians are collected/received in department and reviewed for data entry/submission.
- Review physician billing sheets for billing entry.
- Verify inpatient and various hospital billing sheets prior to billing entry.
- Entering required claims information into on-line entry program for submission to Ministry of Health.
- Reconciling error reports and making necessary corrections.
- Completing remittance forms for Ministry of Health relating to stale-dated and unpaid claims.
- Rebill outstanding claims when new Health Numbers or patient information is received.
- Complete third-party billing.
- Support incoming requests and provide information related to billings and other uninsured accounts receivable as requested.
- Prepare and submit all required reports/forms for regional physicians: compensation, and authorization for billing forms etc.
- Corresponding with the Ministry of Health regarding inaccurate charges.
- Handling of sensitive/confidential material strictly in confidence in accordance with SLFNHA Policies and Procedures and PHIPA.
- Processing RA’s after billings.
- Reconcile submissions.
- Reconcile Big Thunder Medical Billing AAIA (ER) remittance.
- Process Emergency Department remittances for Team Lead review.
- Orientate new Physicians and Locums to current billing requirements and provide materials to assist with reaching goals and bonus thresholds i.e. Cheat sheets
- Provide ongoing OHIP billing training and technical support to all regional physicians as requested or deemed necessary.
- Ensure best billing practices are applied and OHIP billing updates are circulated to all regional physicians.
- Support processes and knowledge sharing to obtain maximized physician billing status.
- Support improvements to avoid lost/missed billings by training, re-training, and suggesting improved processes and accepting responsibility.
- Maintain the document of all physician OHIP, CPSO and WSIB numbers with bi-annual reviews and edits. This includes nurse practitioners working at Northern Clinic.
- Provide assistance when required and any other duties assigned by Team Lead.
Please send cover letter, resume, three most recent employment references and an up-to-date Criminal Reference Check to:
Human Resource Department
Sioux Lookout First Nations Health Authority
P.O. Box 1300, 61 Queen Street
Sioux Lookout, ON P8T 1B8
Phone: (807) 737-1802
Fax: (807) 737-2969
Closing Date: Open until filled
The Health Authority wishes to thank all applicants in advance.
However, only those granted an interview will be contacted.
For additional information regarding the Health Authority, please visit our Web-site at www.slfnha.com
SLFNHA is a proud supporter of Mikinakoos Children’s Fund. To find out more, visit www.mikinakoos.com