Engineering · Red Lake, Ontario
Be a part of the initial team to grow and operate a regionally significant new underground mine development that is rapidly becoming the future of the iconic Red Lake gold mining district in Ontario, Canada.
Reporting to the Senior Mine Engineer, the Mine Engineer is responsible for supporting the safe production of short- and medium-term mining plans. The Mine Engineer uses input as directed to coordinate the range of data, inputs and expertise into updated mine plans. The Mine Engineer will work 2 weeks on, 2 weeks off.
The focus of this role will include:
- Follow safe working practices and site safety guidelines
- Support the production of short and medium-term mining plans.
- Prepare development designs in line with long and short-term mining schedule.
- Design longhole production layouts including, but not limited to, cable bolt layouts, raise layouts, and production drilling layouts.
- Develop and present the weekly mine plan to the operations team.
- Short term electrical planning for all underground infrastructure.
- Ventilation planning for short-term development in compliance with all required standards, including safety, environmental and legislative.
- Design paste fill layouts, including barricade and berm location information.
- Communicate with Operations to ensure all plans are executed to design.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Experience:
- A university degree in mining engineering or related engineering discipline.
- 1 to 5 years’ experience in an underground mining operation.
- Eligible for registration as a professional engineer in Ontario.
- Proven ability in safe work practices.
- Solid knowledge of underground mine design, as well as the technical processes related to planning and scheduling, including mine ventilation, ground control, and mine infrastructure.
- Strong computer skills, including AutoCAD and Deswik.CAD.
- Proficiency in Deswik.Sched, Deswik.UGDB, and VentSim considered an asset.
- Ability to work independently.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Excellent proven team player approach to work.
- Valid driver’s license.
Pure Gold Red Lake Mine is an equal opportunity employer who appreciates all those interested in working on this exciting project.
To apply, visit our website at: https://www.puregoldmining.ca/careers/