Location: Red Lake, ON, CA
Company: Evolution Mining Limited
Evolution Mining is a premier global gold company. Evolution was created in late 2011 and operates five wholly owned mines across Australia and Ontario, Canada. We are passionate about our values of safety, excellence, accountability and respect and they underpin everything we do.
The purpose of the Longhole Loader/Blaster role is to be responsible for the safe and efficient loading and blasting of long-hole stopes at Evolution Mining Red Lake Operation.
- Roster: LOCAL – 14 days on /14 days off – 12-hour shifts
- Permanent role
- We offer competitive salaries, bonus structures and future growth
- Location: Red Lake, Canada
At Evolution, we’re passionate about Our Culture and Values.
We are an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity, offering exceptional career environments at our Sites and our Group Office, that are challenging, rewarding and fun for all employees. We are regularly supporting our employees’ work-life integration and provide a stimulating and inclusive environment to foster development.
Evolution Mining is a premier global gold company. We were created in late 2011 and operate five wholly owned mines across Australia and Ontario, Canada. We are committed to supporting the communities in which we operate, with local applicants encouraged to apply.
The safety, health and wellbeing of our people and the communities in which we operate are of paramount importance to us. We believe that every injury is preventable, and we are committed to providing a healthy and safe workplace and empowering our people to stop any unsafe behaviour, enabling everyone to work together towards an injury free workplace.
About our Operation
Our Red Lake Operation is located in an area where you will experience the best in Northern lifestyle, in the heart of a lake-studded, boreal forest region in Sunset Country. Red Lake is known for its natural beauty, abundant wildlife, and incredible Canadian fishing in the many freshwater lakes in the area. The Red Lake district is located 180 kilometers north of Dryden about 100 kilometers from the Manitoba border in Northwestern Ontario, Canada. It spans 42,000 hectares and has produced over 29 million ounces of gold since 1949. Our Red Lake Operation includes underground mining and processing complexes in Balmertown and Cochenour. As Evolution’s newest asset and our first in North America, we are excited by the opportunities here.
About the role
The Longhole Loader/Blaster role offers an exceptional opportunity to work with various department members to safely execute mining plans.
Key result areas in this role include:
- Perform duties with skills acquired and acquire increased level of skill and knowledge
- Observe experienced workers to gain and increase knowledge of methods, procedures, and performance standards
- Attend all required training activities with consistent attendance and punctuality
- Successfully complete all required Common Core training modules
- Report on quality of drilling
- Set up and maintain work headings, ensuring a safe working environment
- Perform other duties as assigned
As a Longhole Loader/Blaster, you will have a Secondary School Diploma and have successfully completed all relevant Common Core training modules.
It is also important that you have/ can demonstrate:
- Knowledge of long-hole production mining and practical blasting experience is an asset
- Strong understanding of various mining methods and procedures (longhole, cut and fill, development, etc)
- Good physical fitness with the ability to work in an underground environment
- Competent communication abilities and well-developed decision-making and problem-solving abilities
- Keen aptitude for learning and progressive to next level
- Willing to work on a rotational shiftwork basis
Closing date: Until Filled
We thank you for taking the time to submit your application. For more information, you can contact email@example.com .
External candidates can apply online by visiting https://careers.evolutionmining.com.au
Internal candidates must apply through ERROLL under internal vacancies, please ensure to apply in ERROLL and inform your current supervisor.
We want your perspective and ideas to help us find better ways to build our team. You can be part of a committed, highly skilled team who will appreciate what you bring to the table. You will set and achieve goals and make decisions that matter, as together we help shape and contribute to the Evolution vision. As an equal opportunity employer, Evolution is committed to diversity, inclusion, and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.