Junior Project Geologist
Red Lake Madsen Mine
Department: Technical Services
Employment Type: Full-Time
Minimum Experience: Mid-level
Be a part of the initial team to grow and operate a regionally significant new underground mine development that is rapidly becoming the future of the iconic Red Lake gold mining district in Ontario, Canada
Reporting to the Senior Project Geologist, this position offers a unique opportunity for hands-on experience in geology, specifically focused on diamond drilling, while providing a clear path for career advancement within our organization. The Junior Project Geologist will work 14 days on and 14 days off schedule while supporting the safety culture and achievement of production targets.
The focus of this role will include:
- Ensure underground mining and drilling activities are conducted in accordance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act (Ontario) and Regulations and environmental standards
- Comply with all safety requirements and observes all company policies and procedures
- Assist in the planning and execution of diamond drilling programs
- Ensure drilling rigs are set up and operated in accordance with safety and environmental standards.
- Collaborate with senior geologists and drilling teams to optimize drilling processes and target identification.
- Engage in geological work including core logging, sample collection, and QA/QC to ensure exploration best practices.
- Assist in the interpretation of geological data to guide mining and exploration efforts.
- Contribute to the creation of geological maps, cross-sections, and 3D models.
- Complete field work to ensure drill programs are conducted to high standards.
- Assist in managing various other technical support staff
- Conduct various fieldwork activities such as grab sampling, channel sampling, and geological mapping (both on surface and underground).
- Lift and carry objects weighing up to 50 lbs, as necessary for fieldwork tasks.
- Other duties as assigned as the project evolves
Skills and Experience:
- University degree in geology or related field
- Common core training
- Experience in mineral exploration and/or underground operations is preferred
- Working knowledge of the Ontario Mining Act as it relates to mine operations
- Computer skills in Deswik, leapfrog, MS Office, LogChief
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with experience in working with a broad range of people.
- Ability to walk significant distances underground and lift 50 pounds
- Valid driver’s license
- Strong interpersonal, influencing, analytical and problem-solving skills
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary and benefits package.
- Opportunities for career advancement and professional development.
- A supportive and collaborative work environment.
- The chance to be part of a dynamic team in the exciting world of gold mining.
Red Lake Madsen Mine is an equal opportunity employer who appreciates all those interested in working on this exciting project.