Junior Mine Geologist
Junior Mine Geologist
Geology · Red Lake, Ontario
Be a part of the beginning team to build and operate this multi-generational asset that is the heart and soul of Red Lake now and into the future.
Reporting to the Chief Mine Geologist, the successful candidate is responsible for supporting the Geology team through the collection, examination, and identification of underground material as well as stockpile management for all hauling activities. The Junior Mine Geologist will work 14 days on and 14 days off schedule on a 12-hour shift while supporting the safety culture and achievement of production targets.
The focus of this role will include:
- Ensure underground mining activities are conducted in accordance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulations (Ontario) and environmental standards.
- Comply with all safety requirements and observes all company policies and procedures.
- Stockpile management for all hauling activities underground and on surface. Management of the On-Call bin system on surface.
- Communicate and liaise with Operations the movement of underground material to surface.
- Communicate with the surface Contractor on all ore haulage activities on surface.
- Assist Geologists in gathering and testing of geological samples.
- Perform additional testing and analysis on rock and mineral samples
- Sample preparation and dispatching of geological samples.
- Data entry of geological samples into the database.
- Assist in mapping of geological structures underground.
- Other duties as may be required.
Skills and Experience:
- University degree in Geology or equivalent.
- Common core training considered an asset.
- Underground/surface mine operation and geology experience considered an asset.
- Working knowledge of the Ontario Mining Act as it relates to mine operations.
- Detail oriented with excellent analytical skills.
- Computer skills in MS Office.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to work independently.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Excellent proven team player approach to work.
- Valid driver’s license.
Pure Gold Red Lake Mine is an equal opportunity employer who appreciates all those interested in working on this exciting project.
To apply, visit our website at: https://www.puregoldmining.ca/careers/