Madsen Mine Red Lake
Department: General Admin (2000)
Employment Type: Full-Time
Minimum Experience: Experienced
Be a part of the initial team to grow and operate a regionally significant new underground mine development that is rapidly becoming the future of the iconic Red Lake gold mining district in Ontario, Canada.
Reporting to the Human Resources Lead, the successful candidate is responsible for the technical implementation, configuration and ongoing operational health and maintenance of site Operational Technology (OT) infrastructure that includes Process Control (PCS) and Fleet Management (FMS) environments. The successful candidate will write, modify, integrate and test the coding of the software platforms at the operating systems level and communications software level for the Red Lake Madsen Mine. The Operating Systems Developer will work locally on a 5 days on and 2 days off.
The focus of this role will include:
- Follow safety standards and processes
- Maintain existing computer programs by making changes as required and as new programs are added
- Identify and communicate technical problems, processes and solutions to the Mine site user group
- Provide Level 2/3 specialist technical support for the Red Lake Mine user group.
- Coordinate Level 1 support with 3rd party supplier
- Develop and maintain technology standards, documentation and processes for OT Systems.
- Develop and maintain the maintenance strategies, plans and schedules with an audit of user requirements through systematic analysis of site requirements
- As the mine site grows, assist in the development of logical and physical specifications for hardware and network optimized use
- Record all work carried out in established service management systems
- Provide expertise to other technology teams including projects involving compute, storage or communication systems.
- Follow all relevant processes required to working at site (emergency and site shutdowns etc.)
- Work as a team with the other established IT and OT support functions to share knowledge and workload where possible.
- Participate in industry based workshops and seminars where it directly benefits current issues and initiatives.
- Evaluate and research software products that will better meet the needs of RLMM
- Other duties as assigned
Skills and Experience:
- Post secondary qualification in IT / Computer Science or related discipline
- Subject Matter Expert (SME) in the area of Data Centre technologies including Servers, Storage, Virtualization, Monitoring/Alerting, Backup and Recovery.
- Demonstrated experience in scripting & automation (e.g. Powershell, Python).
- Understanding of networking technologies would be advantageous.
- Exposure to Process Control Systems highly desirable
- Exposure and experience in safety practices ideally in the mining or the resources industry.
- Excellent communication skills with strong user focus.
- Strong time management & organizational skills – able to prioritize & multitask.
- Proven IT change management, incident and problem management skills.
Red Lake Madsen Mine is an equal opportunity employer who appreciates all those interested in working on this exciting project.