IT SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR
Wataynikaneyap Power PM Inc.
Become a team member for one of the largest utility infrastructure projects ever built, which will connect 17 remote First Nation communities in Northern Ontario with clean, reliable and accessible grid power! This First Nations and Fortis partnership has been founded on shared values including respect for the land, guiding principles, and First Nation way of life.
Wataynikaneyap Power PM Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of FortisOntario Inc., acts as the Project Manager of Wataynikaneyap Power LP (“Wataynikaneyap Power”). Wataynikaneyap Power is a licensed transmission entity, majority-owned by a partnership of 24 First Nation communities in partnership with Fortis Inc. and other private investors. The partnership is an unprecedented undertaking and is currently constructing 1,800 kilometres of 230 kV, 115 kV, and 44 kV transmission lines and over 20 substations in northwestern Ontario. Located near Thunder Bay in our Fort William First Nation, ON office, Wataynikaneyap Power is currently recruiting for a talented:
IT SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR
(Full-Time Permanent Position)
Reporting to the Supervisor, IT Infrastructure & Security, the incumbent will provide information and operational technology device deployment, administration and technical support to staff and contractors at the Wataynikaneyap Power offices and facilities. This role also has a strong focus on cybersecurity, server-side technologies, and application lifecycle management. This position is part of a dynamic organization and will require effective problem solving, adaptability, and time management. Willingness and ability to learn and evolve with the Wataynikaneyap Power project while providing a commitment to customer service and the safety of co-workers, the public, oneself and the environment is necessary to succeed in this exciting role.
- College Diploma or University Degree in an IT-related discipline.
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in a systems administration-level role.
- Must maintain generalized certifications related to IT foundation-level knowledge (i.e. CompTIA A+ or similar). Additional vendor or professional certifications are considered an asset.
- Demonstrated hands-on knowledge of hardware and peripheral components, TCP/IP networking, operating systems, productivity software is required.
- Knowledge of SAP or other ERP technologies, GIS software, and cloud technologies (AWS, Azure) are considered an asset.
- Must be able to problem-solve, conduct research, and liaise with support contacts for trouble ticket resolutions.
- Clear verbal and written communication skills as well as strong analytical, customer service and interpersonal skills are essential.
- Candidates who speak/understand Anishinaabe or Anishininiimowin and/or have meaningful experience working with or for First Nation communities in Northwestern Ontario (preferred)
- Must have a valid Ontario “G” driver’s license and maintain a clean driver’s abstract
- Ability to travel within Ontario.
To view the full job description and apply for this position, please go to www.wataypower.ca
This posting will remain open until filled.
We encourage First Nation candidates to apply! Wataynikaneyap Power PM Inc. thanks all respondents but we will only contact those selected for an interview. The Company is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities and will work with applicants that request accommodation(s) during the recruitment cycle.