Human Resources Generalist – Health & Safety **REVISED**
Lac Seul First Nation
Human Resources Generalist – Health & Safety
The Lac Seul First Nation HR Department is seeking a full-time Human Resources Generalist – Health & Safety. Reporting to the HR Director, these roles will be a key part of a talented and fast-paced people team, responsible for providing administrative support to the HR Director. This is an excellent opportunity for someone eager to start or continue development of their HR career.
Key Responsibilities are (but not limited to):
- Grade 12 Diploma or equivalent.
- 1-2 years previous working experience in HR or Administration is required.
- Proficient in MS Office.
- Passionate about delivering exceptional client service.
- Support and promote Human Resources department initiatives and provide assistance in the absence of HR personnel.
- Assist with implementation of our newly adopted Human Resources Policy Manual;
- Keep up to date with any Legislative changes to the Canada Labour Code, Occupational Health and Safety Requirements;
- Responding to internal and external HR related inquiries/requests and providing timely responses;
- Responsible for the Health & Safety Committee, work in conjunction with other departments such as Emergency Services;
- Conduct monthly departmental safety audits, with assistance from the Safety and Health committee member from the department, and report on results.
- Prepare Safety and Health Committee Meeting minutes monthly, distribute as required, and follow up on all points to ensure matters are resolved in an appropriate and timely manner.
- Valid Ontario Driver’s License and willingness to travel is essential.
- Other administrative duties as required from the HR Director.
Location: Frenchman’s Head, Lac Seul ON
Term: Full-Time position
Hours: 35 hours per week, Monday to Friday
Closing: December 6, 2021, by 4:00 p.m.
Please submit a letter of application with a resume and written permission for Human Resources to contact three employment references (two must be most recent supervisors) by email, mail, fax or drop off to:
Lac Seul First Nation
P.O. Box 100, Hudson Ontario P0V 1X0
Attention: HR Department
Fax #: (807) 582-3585
Lac Seul First Nation requires Criminal Reference Checks for those offered positions. We thank all applicants, however, only those being offered an interview will be contacted.
A job description can be obtained by calling 807-582-3503, HR Department.