Human Resources Advisor
Sioux Lookout First Nation Health Authority
Human Resources Advisor
Full Time Position Location: Sioux Lookout, Ontario
Salary Range $55,966 to $68,137 per annum
The Human Resources Advisor plays a key advisory and supportive role in the Human Resources department of the Sioux Lookout First Nations Health Authority (SLFNHA). The Human Resources Advisor will assist with recruitment, selection, assist in analyzing HR metrics and benchmarking functions for continuous organizational improvement. In addition to keeping current with all applicable laws and regulations, this role requires the individual to adhere to all established policies and procedures of SLFNHA. The Human Resources Advisor will have excellent communication skills and will maintain positive relationships between the management team and employees. Other duties may be assigned as necessary.
Who can apply: Persons of First Nations ancestry will be given preference (s.16 (1)CHRA)
Applicants must possess:
- Post-Secondary diploma/certificate in Human Resources, Business and/or education/work experience deemed acceptable to the employer.
- CHRP designation is an asset.
- One-three years related experience in field of Human Resources, health and/or management setting.
- Ability to work with all levels of staff (independently or part of a team) internally/externally and build relationship with stakeholders.
- Excellent client service skills with the ability to earn and retain client confidence.
- Proficient written and oral communication skills.
- Strong computer skills: Word-processing and knowledge of Microsoft Word.
- Knowledge of one of the First Nations dialects within the Sioux Lookout Region is a definite asset.
- Knowledge and experience related to First Nations and corporate governance including the First Nations political environment and background is an asset.
- Knowledge of Provincial and Federal legislative legislation as they relate to the recruitment process (e.g. Pay equity, human rights, employment standards/guideline and laws etc.).
- Demonstrated ability to attend work on a regular basis.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Act in a generalist capacity in the assisting leaders and the HR department in managing the functions of Human Resources throughout SLFNHA.
- Recruit and select new hires based on their knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Assist to develop and manage recruitment and retention procedures, job descriptions, job postings, advertising, interview questions, interview schedule and reference checking.
- Assist in interview of job candidates and drafting job offers.
- Collect and enter new employee information into HR database.
- Assist with new staff orientation in collaboration with other managers and HR Training Coordinator.
- Inform employees about policies, job duties, working conditions, wages, and opportunities for promotion.
- Exercise care and caution in protecting confidential and sensitive information.
- Knowledge of compensation structures for both managerial and non-managerial employees.
- Knowledge of internal alignment processes, job analysis, and ability to analyze these processed and provide recommendations.
- Understanding of current pay structure.
- Support best practices in the area of compensation, benefits, retention and recruitment.
- Monitor external market.
- Assist in creating pipeline of candidates for Administration.
- Support HR team ensure that deadlines are met and identify areas for improvement.
- Benchmarking and measuring effectiveness of HR processes.
- Assist to strategically plan for the organization’s human capital needs, in consultation with other managers.
- Maintain positive working relationships with employees and the management team.
- Assist departmental managers on the interpretation and administration of policies, programs and best practices.
- Aware of legislation such as the Human Rights Act and Canada Labour Code.
- Assist in advising managers on organizational matters such as discrimination, discipline, harassment, etc.
- Assist in the investigation and reporting of accidents/incidents.
- Other duties may be assigned as required.
As per policy, applicants should note that COVID-19 Immunization is a condition of employment within SLFNHA.
Please send cover letter, resume, three most recent employment references and an up-to-date Criminal Reference Check with a Vulnerable Persons Sector Check to:
Human Resource Department
Sioux Lookout First Nations Health Authority
P.O. Box 1300, 61 Queen Street
Sioux Lookout, ON P8T 1B8
Phone: (807) 737-1802
Fax: (807) 737-2969
Closing Date: Open until filled
No resumes received after this time will be accepted.
The Health Authority wishes to thank all applicants in advance.
However, only those granted an interview will be contacted.
For additional information regarding the Health Authority, please visit our Web-site at www.slfnha.com
SLFNHA is a proud supporter of Mikinakoos Children’s Fund. To find out more, visit www.mikinakoos.com