Sioux Lookout First Nation Health Authority
Casual Position Location: Sioux Lookout, ON
Starting salary rate at: $19.707 per hour
Under the supervision of the Team Leader, the Dietary Aide is to meet the dietary needs of the Hostel clients.
Who can apply: Persons of First Nations ancestry will be given preference (s.16 (1)CHRA)
Applicants must possess:
- Completed secondary education preferred but will consider life experience/skills related to this position
- Experience in housekeeping is an asset
- Ability to work on your feet all day
- Ability to work various shifts
- Ability to lift 20 pounds
- Must be an independent and self-motivated worker
- Ability to learn WHMIS
Knowledge and Ability:
- Daily cleaning of client rooms, residents, public, office areas following job routines
- Weekly, monthly, yearly cleaning routines (include regular checks including needle boxes and soap dispensers)
- Request supplies or pick up supplies as needed
- Education component throughout the year includes Health and Safety, Hostel/department policy/procedures and workshop
- Participate in training of new staff
- Fill out maintenance requisition or call maintenance with concerns and equipment breakdowns
- Participate in and monitor quality improvement projects and audits
- Be available for call-in lists as needed
- To be flexible in the job routine and be challenged by new requests and ongoing changes to the job as delegated by the Manager or other department as needed
- Responsible for taking reasonable care to protect the Health and Safety of yourself and others, by practicing and promoting safe work habits, by using personal protective equipment and reporting unsafe acts or conditions to your manager
- Any other duties assigned
Please send cover letter, resume, three most recent employment references and an up-to-date Criminal Reference Check with a Vulnerable Person’s Sector Check to:
Human Resource Department
Sioux Lookout First Nations Health Authority
P.O. Box 1300, 61 Queen Street
Sioux Lookout, ON P8T 1B8
Phone: (807) 737-1802
Fax: (807) 737-2969
Closing Date: Open to Filled
No resumes received after this time will be accepted.
The Health Authority wishes to thank all applicants in advance.
However, only those granted an interview will be contacted.
For additional information regarding the Health Authority, please visit our Web-site at www.slfnha.com
SLFNHA is a proud supporter of Mikinakoos Children’s Fund. To find out more, visit www.mikinakoos.com
To apply for this job email your details to Human.Resources@slfnha.com.