Red Lake Madsen Mine
Department: Mill (2040)
Employment Type: Full-Time
Minimum Experience: Experienced
Be a part of the initial team to grow and operate a regionally significant new underground mine development that is rapidly becoming the future of the iconic Red Lake gold mining district in Ontario, Canada.
Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor. The schedule for this locally based position will consist of 12-hour shifts on a 14 days on and 14 days off rotation while following safe work procedures to provide overall production and safe target support for Red Lake Madsen Mine team.
The focus of this role will include:
- Follow safe working practices and site safety guidelines
- Read and interpret blueprints or process specifications
- Maintain and repair hoist plants and associated machinery, loading pockets, dewatering pumps and main ventilation fans
- Install or overhaul various machinery as required
- Provide suggestions on maintenance improvements.
- Carry out preventive, predictive, and corrective maintenance activities throughout the Mill and future Crushing circuit. Tasks include laser alignment, component rebuild & replacement,
- May include fabrication, bearing assembly and setting of clearance, contamination control and asset lubrication
- Ensure work is carried out in a safe and efficient manner and provide input directed at improving the safety, efficiency and overall effectiveness of the Maintenance department
- Provide input to Maintenance and Reliability improvement initiatives
- Participate in all aspects of maintenance shutdowns
Skills and Experience:
- High school diploma or GED
- The candidate must be a Certified Journeyperson-Millwright, Red Seal certification
- Must have Valid G or equivalent Drivers License
- Mill Common Core training U/G common core – modules for hoist maintenance, cage bells etc. required. Mill common core modules would be considered an asset.
- Minimum of three (3) years experience maintaining mine hoist as per regulations.
- Mine hoist record book training – maintaining proper documentation of all work/repairs completed to mine hoist plant.
- Knowledge and understanding of mine regulations pertaining to mine hoist plant
- Experience in an ore processing environment associated with crushing, grinding, gravity concentration, dewatering, leach/CIP, stripping, conveying – would be an asset
- Ability to lift, carry and push 100 lbs.
- Ability to constantly reach below, above and at-shoulder height
- Ability to work at heights and in confined spaces
- Able to work individually and contribute positively to a team
- Strong commitment to working in a safe, socially responsible manner, demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills, strong work ethics and professionalism, desktop computing literacy, and the desire to advance within the trade or into management
- The candidate must be a self-directed team player, with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment and demonstrate strong attention to detail
Red Lake Madsen Mine is an equal opportunity employer who appreciates all those interested in working on this exciting project.