Date: Sep 22, 2023
Location: Red Lake, ON, CA
Company: Evolution Mining Limited
Evolution Mining is a premier global gold company. Evolution was created in late 2011 and operates five wholly owned mines across Australia and Ontario, Canada. We are passionate about our values of safety, excellence, accountability and respect and they underpin everything we do.
The purpose of the HD Mechanic role is to be directly responsible for providing service and maintenance support to underground/surface fleet of mobile and fixed equipment at Red Lake Operations.
• Roster: 14 days on/ 14 days off – 12 hour shifts
• We offer competitive salaries, bonus structures and future growth
• Location: Red Lake, Canada
At Evolution, we’re passionate about Our Culture and Values.We are an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity, offering exceptional career environments at our Sites and our Group Office, that are challenging, rewarding and fun for all employees. We are regularly supporting our employees’ work-life integration and provide a stimulating and inclusive environment to foster development.
Evolution Mining is a premier global gold company. We were created in late 2011 and operate five wholly owned mines across Australia and Ontario, Canada.
We are committed to supporting the communities in which we operate, with local applicants encouraged to apply.
The safety, health and wellbeing of our people and the communities in which we operate are of paramount importance to us. We believe that every injury is preventable, and we are committed to providing a healthy and safe workplace and empowering our people to stop any unsafe behaviour, enabling everyone to work together towards an injury free workplace.
About our Operation
Our Red Lake Operation is located in an area where you will experience the best in Northern lifestyle, in the heart of a lake-studded, boreal forest region in Sunset Country. Red Lake is known for its natural beauty, abundant wildlife, and incredible Canadian fishing in the many freshwater lakes in the area. The Red Lake district is located 180 kilometers north of Dryden about 100 kilometers from the Manitoba border in Northwestern Ontario, Canada. It spans 42,000 hectares and has produced over 29 million ounces of gold since 1949. Our Red Lake Operation includes underground mining and processing complexes in Balmertown and Cochenour, as well as the Bateman Project. As Evolution’s newest asset and our first in North America, we are excited by the opportunities here.
About the role:
HD Mechanic will be directly responsible for providing service and maintenance support to underground fleet of mobile equipment at Red Lake Operations.
Key result areas in this role include:
- Inspection of equipment and timely elimination of defects.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose, and repair U/G mining equipment in a safe, efficient manner.
- Create a running list of other items to repair when the machine goes down for regular scheduled PM’s.
- Get task trained and certified to operate all equipment in the specific cell.
- Align yourself with the crews to meet or exceed all Safe production goals and objectives relative to the budget.
- Correct hazards and report safety concerns to Supervisor.
- Provide guidance and instruction of operator care program. (Wash, pre-op & reporting, lube)
- Ensure all equipment safety features are in good working order.
- Create work orders for all work. Communicate open defects for planning and scheduling at PM.
- Comply with federal and provincial acts and regulations, and legal requirements.
- Adhere to all corporate policies and procedures.
As a HD Mechanic, you will have an Ontario Secondary School Graduation Diploma with a valid Heavy Duty Mechanic Interprovincial Certificate and previous experience.
It is also important that you have/ can demonstrate:
- Valid Class G driver’s license
- Underground experience working with mobile equipment
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Demonstrated ability to read and interpret technical drawings and language
- Familiar with Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulations for Mines and Mining Plants
We thank you for taking the time to submit your application. For more information, you can contact email@example.com
External candidates can apply online by visiting https://careers.evolutionmining.com.au
Internal candidates must apply through ERROLL under internal vacancies and inform your supervisor
We want your perspective and ideas to help us find better ways to build our team. You can be part of a committed, highly skilled team who will appreciate what you bring to the table. You will set and achieve goals and make decisions that matter, as together we help shape and contribute to the Evolution vision. As an equal opportunity employer, Evolution is committed to diversity, inclusion, and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.