Graduate – Mine Engineering
Evolution Mining is a leading, growth focused globally relevant gold company. Evolution was created in late 2011 and operates five wholly owned mines across Australia and Ontario, Canada. We are passionate about our values of safety, excellence, accountability and respect and they underpin everything we do.
The Mine EIT will have the opportunity to gain practical exposure, both in surface and underground environments to assist in their knowledge and understanding of operations. The Mine EIT will rotate across the business for a holistic and diverse experience. This is a local, site based position. The program is a key part of our organizational strategy in ensuring we have the right people in the right roles with the right mix of skills and experience to achieve our goals. Supported through on-the-job learning, feedback from the people you work with as well as several formal development workshops over the two years, you will develop the skills you need to be successful.
The purpose of the graduate program is to develop experience and gain exposure within the site Mining Engineering teams.
- We offer competitive salaries, bonus structures and future growth
- 2 Positions
- Location: Red Lake, Canada
- Start your journey with Evolution and contribute to the company’s Vision, Goals and Values
We are an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity, offering exceptional career environments at our Sites and our Group Office, that are challenging, rewarding and fun for all employees. We are regularly supporting our employees’ work-life integration and provide a stimulating and inclusive environment to foster development.
Evolution Mining is a leading, growth-focused globally relevant gold company. We were created in late 2011 and operate five wholly owned mines across Australia and Ontario, Canada. In addition, we hold an economic interest in the Ernest Henry copper-gold mine in Queensland. We are committed to supporting the communities in which we operate, with local applicants encouraged to apply.
The safety, health and wellbeing of our people and the communities in which we operate are of paramount importance to us. We believe that every injury is preventable, and we are committed to providing a healthy and safe workplace and empowering our people to stop any unsafe behaviour, enabling everyone to work together towards an injury free workplace.
About our Operation
Our Red Lake Operation is located in an area where you will experience the best in Northern lifestyle, in the heart of a lake-studded, boreal forest region in Sunset Country. Red Lake is known for its natural beauty, abundant wildlife, and incredible Canadian fishing in the many freshwater lakes in the area. The Red Lake district is located 180 kilometers north of Dryden about 100 kilometers from the Manitoba border in North-western Ontario, Canada. It spans 42,000 hectares and has produced over 29 million ounces of gold since 1949. Our Red Lake Operation includes the Red Lake and Campbell underground mining and processing complexes, and Cochenour, a potential new source of ore. As Evolution’s newest asset and our first in North America, we are excited by the opportunities here.
About the role
The Mining Engineer (Graduate) role key result areas include:
- Participates in Short Range Planning, Long Range Planning, Ground Control, Surveying, Technical Support, and Underground Operations as assigned
- Assists in coordinating mining, mechanical, civil and other engineering projects to include developing a scope of work, generating cost estimate and preparing a project information package
- Assists in evaluating current systems and processes and implement optimizations to improve efficiencies
- Participates in project work including project development, budgeting, engineering, purchasing, construction, cost control, quality controls and implementation
- Develops engineering projects utilizing new technology to constantly upgrade and improve safety efficiencies, cost controls and protection of the environment
- Promotes and initiate positive employee relations designed to facilitate teamwork and job satisfaction through participation
- Participates with operating and maintenance departments in problem solving efforts to improve safety, efficiencies, cost controls, and protection of the environment
- Frequent visits underground to ensure plans are viable and to complete QA/QC reports
- Work in a healthy work environment with full support, cooperation and commitment to satisfy our operation’s goal of being accident-free
- Comply with federal and provincial acts and regulations, and legal requirements
- Adhere to all relevant corporate policies and procedures
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Post-secondary degree in Mining Engineering Degree (or equivalent)
- Must be eligible for Professional Engineer status within the Province of Ontario
- Advanced drafting skills
- Good organizational and planning abilities
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Capable of effectively following written procedures
- Effective computer skills with working knowledge of Microsoft programs, specifically Excel
- Capable of managing multiple priorities and projects
Closing Date: January 15th, 2022
We thank you for taking the time to submit your application. For more information, you can contact email@example.com
External candidates can apply online by visiting https://careers.evolutionmining.com.au
We want your perspective and ideas to help us find better ways to build our team. You can be part of a committed, highly skilled team who will appreciate what you bring to the table. You will set and achieve goals and make decisions that matter, as together we help shape and contribute to the Evolution vision. As an equal opportunity employer, Evolution is committed to diversity, inclusion, and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.