Executive Assistant – Physician Services
Sioux Lookout First Nation Health Authorty
Executive Assistant – Physician Services
Term Position Location: Sioux Lookout, Ontario
The Executive Assistant is a primary resource who provides administrative support to the SLRPSI Board of Directors, SLRPSI & SLFNHA Executive Teams, the Director of Physician Services and the SLFNHA Medical Director. In addition, this position will provide administrative and technical support to health committees and working groups as required.
The Executive Assistant is required to maintain confidentiality and professionally interact with management, employees and the public. The Executive Assistant is responsible for a wide variety of administrative duties including but are not limited to reception, arranging travel plans, meeting minute-taking and distribution, scheduling appointments and drafting both internal and external correspondence. Other duties shall be assigned as necessary.
The Executive Assistant will report directly to the Director of Physician Services.
This is a 6-month term position.
The salary for this position is $61,228- $78,804.
Who can apply: Persons of First Nations ancestry will be given preference (s.16 (1)CHRA)
- Grade twelve (12) and post-secondary education in Secretarial Arts and/or Office Administration.
- Two-five years related experience in an office administration or executive assistant position.
- At least two years’ experience working with Indigenous Peoples and Northern Communities.
- Experience in the public health sector is an asset.
- Superior time management and organizational skills (multi-tasking and prioritizing skills); very detailed oriented.
- Strong knowledge of office procedures and practices.
- Must possess excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Proficient with current electronic communication tools.
- Strong computer skills: proficiency in Microsoft Office and must include Excel, Outlook, Word and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge and experience related to First Nations and corporate governance including the First Nations political environment is an asset.
- Valid Class G Ontario Driver’s license.
- As per policy, applicants should note that COVID-19 immunization is a condition of employment within SLFNHA.
KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITY:
- Knowledge of the people, culture and health priorities of the First Nations communities in the Sioux Lookout District and catchments area.
- Ability to communicate in one of the First Nations Dialects in the Sioux Lookout District is an asset.
- Ability to work independently with the flexibility to work as part of a team, be adaptable, multi-task, meet deadlines and take initiative.
- Ability to perform the physical demands of the job and work assigned shifts.
- Professional demeanor appropriate to and reflective of the SLFNHA.
- Ability to respond to very fast-paced work environment and rapidly shifting priorities.
- Ability to build collaborative and supportive relationships with all members of the Management Team.
- Provide direct administrative assistance and office management support to all members of the SLRPSI Board, Director, working groups and committees as directed. Through the maintenance of a filing system, prepare and distribute and keep record of minutes, develop and draft documents, arrange teleconferences, arrange special meetings as well as bimonthly meetings, arrange travel and complete necessary paperwork, and other related duties as required.
- Perform sensitive administrative duties for Board of Directors and Director.
- Plan and coordinate activities for Administration/ Management/Board.
- Provide administrative assistance to Physician Services Management/Administrative Team as necessary.
- Acknowledging receipt of correspondence and following up on phone calls.
- Photocopying and distributing correspondence to appropriate personnel.
- Maintain work schedule and calendar of Director and SLFNHA Medical Director.
- Prepare draft reports, presentations, briefing notes, background documentation, and research.
- Review all documents, reports, and correspondence prepared for Director’s signature; including but not limited to format, content, grammar, spelling and make edits as necessary.
- Assist in handling confidential or sensitive information and knowledge of applicable data privacy laws.
- Assist in keeping the Director and administrative team informed of key issues.
- Ensure travel arrangements are made for the Board of Directors, Director and Medical Director.
- Receive expense reimbursements from the Board and Committees to ensure completeness and accuracy as per expense policies and forward to appropriate personnel for processing.
- Responsible for overseeing and coordination the logistical functions related to Annual General Meeting, Board, Executive, Management Team, Working Groups and Committee meetings including but not limited to scheduling and organizing meetings, preparation of meeting materials and annual reports, providing notice of meeting time, date and venue, taking minutes, disseminating reports, coordinating and taking follow-up actions as required including communication with and distribution to the appropriate management and/or staff.
- Attend monthly managers team meetings and participate on selected committees and in training sessions as required.
- Maintain/update a record management system (both paper and electronic files) including minute books for the Board and Committees, be a custodian of the corporate seal and ensuring it is affixed to approved legal agreements as directed by the Board.
- Act as resource on By-Laws, policies, procedures, meeting rules of order and other matters within the Jurisdiction of the Board, Working Groups and Committees.
- Maintain and update SLRSPI policies and procedures.
- Support program development activities.
- Coordinate special projects and events on behalf of the Board and Committees.
- Responsible for the setting up and coordinating meetings, e.g. Chief & Council, Tribal Councils, Agencies, etc.
- Act as role model of the organization’s values in daily work activities.
- Performing errands/duties at various sites as required.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Please send cover letter, resume, three most recent employment references and an up-to-date Criminal Reference Check with a Vulnerable Persons Sector Check to:
Human Resource Department
Sioux Lookout First Nations Health Authority
P.O. Box 1300, 61 Queen Street
Sioux Lookout, ON P8T 1B8
Phone: (807) 737-1802
Fax: (807) 737-2969
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
The Health Authority wishes to thank all applicants in advance.
However, only those granted an interview will be contacted.
For additional information regarding the Health Authority, please visit our Web-site at www.slfnha.com
SLFNHA is a proud supporter of Mikinakoos Children’s Fund. To find out more, visit www.mikinakoos.com