Job Title: Environmental Technician
Date Posted: December 7, 2023
Location: Dryden, ON
Reference No.: 2023-021
Position Type: Full-time Permanent, On-Site
Location: Goliath Gold Complex (near Dryden, ON)
Schedule: Monday to Friday 7am CST to 3pm CST
About the Opportunity:
Based at the Goliath Site in Dryden, ON we currently have an exciting opportunity for an Environmental Technician to join our Environmental team reporting to the Environmental Coordinator or designate.
Treasury Metals Inc is an exploration and development company currently advancing their flagship property, the Goliath Gold Complex through the development process. The Goliath Gold Complex has the potential to be Canada’s newest gold mine and is located close to the beautiful city of Dryden, a well-appointed community with all the amenities for raising a family and an outdoors person’s heaven with fishing, hiking, biking, and skiing at its doorstep.
The successful candidate will work within the Environment team to implement environmental field programs in support of the Goliath Gold Complex, which includes the Goliath Gold Project, Goldlund Mine and Miller Deposit. This is an exciting opportunity to work with exploration and project teams at the site, expanding their love for the outdoors while also supporting the continued development and establishment of environmental baseline and monitoring programs. The successful candidate will demonstrate a commitment to safety and excellence, while also applying foundational environmental management skills to the role, conducting field sampling programs and protocols, including relevant reporting requirements on a timely basis. This opportunity requires supporting protocols to meet / or exceed environmental performance standards and demonstrate a high degree of initiative and organizational skills in all weather conditions.
• Demonstrate a commitment to safety and excellence;
• Work and communicate within a team environment towards well-defined objectives;
• Support field programs, data and logistics and ensure all environmental sampling protocols are observed and reported on a timely basis;
• Coordinate and support co-operative education students and contractors / consultants as appropriate;
• Participate in stakeholder events as appropriate
• Support an understanding of environmental performance within the site team and promote a culture that meets or exceeds site protocols and standards;
• Advocate company performance internally as well as to our stakeholders, as required;
• Aid in the submission and support of permits and respective programs where applicable;
• Analyze, interpret, and manage environmental data to ensure quality standards are met; and
• Assist in the preparation of internal and external environmental documents.
• Other duties as required
• Degree or diploma in an applicable environmental or a related field;
• Previous experience conducting work within a field-based environment;
• Experience with Microsoft Suite of products, including Excel, Word, and Outlook;
• Capacity to work to tight deadlines with evolving priorities;
• Must be able to handle a high level of confidentiality; and
• Valid driver’s license equivalent to G in Ontario.
• Experience in a mining or industrial environment will be highly regarded;
• Experience operating boats, all-terrain vehicles and other powered equipment an asset;
• Ability and willingness to work outdoors on rough terrain in all weather conditions; and
• Eligibility for grant program funding:
o Between the ages of 18 and 30 (inclusive) at the start of employment;
o Canadian citizen, Permanent Resident of Canada, or Protected Person under the Immigration & Refugee Protection Act;
o Legally entitled to work in Canada and according to relevant Ontario legislation and regulations;
o Unemployed, underemployed, or a student prior to start of employment in this role; and
o Not enrolled in school full-time (eligible if enrolled in school part-time)
Send resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Treasury Metals welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.