Date: Feb 12, 2021
Location: Red Lake, ON, CA
Company: Evolution Mining Limited
Evolution Mining is a leading, growth focused Australian gold company. We own and operate a portfolio of gold mines across Australia. At Evolution our best discoveries are found every day through the innovation displayed by our people, our great teams, our 100% focus on getting our people home safely and our commitment to building an exceptional company. And we want you to help us discover more!
The purpose of the Environmental Coordinator role is to monitor and report environmental conditions to ensure compliance with environmental regulations. Also, this role is responsible for coordinating and managing various projects and activities while setting standards for the Environmental Department at Evolution Mining Red Lake Operation.
- Roster: 4 days on / 3 days off – 10.5 hour shifts
- Contract: 12 month term
- We offer competitive salaries, bonus structures and future growth
- Location: Red Lake, Canada
At Evolution, we’re passionate about Our Culture and Values.
We are an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity, offering exceptional career environments at our Sites and our Group Office, that are challenging, rewarding and fun for all employees. We are regularly supporting our employees’ work-life integration and provide a stimulating and inclusive environment to foster development.
Evolution Mining is a leading, growth-focused globally relevant gold company. We were created in late 2011 and operate five wholly owned mines across Australia and Ontario, Canada. In addition, we hold an economic interest in the Ernest Henry copper-gold mine in Queensland.
We are committed to supporting the communities in which we operate, with local applicants encouraged to apply.
About the role
The Environmental Coordinator role offers an exceptional opportunity to collect and monitor environmental data (surface water, ground water, air & noise, and acid rock drainage).
Key result areas in this role include:
- Organize and carry out sampling schedules for all environmental programs including external laboratory audits
- Manage tailings inspections, dam stability, and site water balance
- Maintain accurate data and test results in accordance with Government sampling and monitoring criteria (e.g., government reporting to RISS, Mews, owners)
- Oversee hazardous waste management and disposal
- Verify QA/QC for external lab
- Provide environmental advice and recommendations and act as Consultant on various projects; provide / implement suggestions for environmental improvements
- Full job description available upon request
About our Operation
Our Red Lake Operation is located in an area where you will experience the best in Northern lifestyle, in the heart of a lake-studded, boreal forest region in Sunset Country. Red Lake is known for its natural beauty, abundant wildlife, and incredible Canadian fishing in the many freshwater lakes in the area. The Red Lake district is located 180 kilometers north of Dryden about 100 kilometers from the Manitoba border in Northwestern Ontario, Canada. It spans 42,000 hectares and has produced over 29 million ounces of gold since 1949. Our Red Lake Operation includes the Red Lake and Campbell underground mining and processing complexes, and Cochenour, a potential new source of ore. As Evolution’s newest asset and our first in North America, we are excited by the opportunities here.
Safety is our priority
The safety, health and wellbeing of our people and the communities in which we operate are of paramount importance to us. We believe that every injury is preventable, and we are committed to providing a healthy and safe workplace and empowering our people to stop any unsafe behaviour, enabling everyone to work together towards an injury free workplace.
As an Environmental Coordinator, you will have Diploma in Environmental Science or Biology. It is also important that you have/ can demonstrate:
- Minimum of 1-3 years technical experience in the environmental field in the mining industry.
- Very familiar with Environmental legislation for mining industry
- Capable of learning and adapting to new equipment and software
- Comprehends and is able to interpret technical language
- Reasonably comfortable working with mathematical equations
- Capable of working with and understanding budgets
- G class Driver’s License
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and able to work effectively with others
- Excellent organizational skills
Closing date: February 26, 2021
We thank you for taking the time to submit your application. For more information, you can contact email@example.com
External candidates can apply online by visiting https://careers.evolutionmining.com.au
Internal candidates must apply through ERROLL under internal vacancies.
We want your perspective and ideas to help us find better ways to build our team. You can be part of a committed, highly skilled team who will appreciate what you bring to the table. You will set and achieve goals and make decisions that matter, as together we help shape and contribute to the Evolution vision. As an equal opportunity employer, Evolution is committed to diversity, inclusion, and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.