Red Lake Madsen Mine
Department: Engineering (2010)
Employment Type: Full-Time
Minimum Experience: Mid-level
Be a part of the initial team to grow and operate a regionally significant new underground mine development that is rapidly becoming the future of the iconic Red Lake gold mining district in Ontario, Canada.
Reporting to the Senior Engineer, the Engineering Technician is responsible for supporting the safe production of short- and medium-term mining plans. The Engineering Technician uses input as directed to coordinate the range of data, inputs and expertise into updated mine plans. The Engineering Technician will work a 5/2-4/3 schedule.
The focus of this role will include:
- Follow safe working practices and site safety guidelines
- Support the production of short and medium-term mining plans.
- Prepare development designs in line with long and short-term mining schedule.
- Contribute to the development and execution of weekly mine plans.
- Draft development and stoping layouts.
- Short term electrical planning for all underground infrastructure.
- Assist in ventilation planning for short-term development in compliance with all required standards, including safety, environmental and legislative.
- Perform ventilation surveys on a weekly basis.
- Design paste fill layouts, including barricade and berm location information.
- Communicate with Operations to ensure all plans are executed to design.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Experience:
- 1 to 3 years’ experience in an underground mining operation.
- Proven ability in safe work practices.
- Solid knowledge of underground mine design, as well as the technical processes related to planning and scheduling, including mine ventilation, ground control, and mine infrastructure.
- Strong computer skills, including AutoCAD and Deswik.CAD.
- Proficiency in Deswik.Sched, Deswik.UGDB, and VentSim considered an asset.
- Ability to work independently.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Excellent proven team player approach to work.
- Valid driver’s license.
Red Lake Madsen Mine is an equal opportunity employer who appreciates all those interested in working on this exciting project