Director of Education
Lac Seul First Nation
DIRECTOR OF EDUCATION
Lac Seul First Nation is seeking a Director of Education to serve Lac Seul First Nation. Under the supervision of the Executive Director, the Director of Education performs administrative tasks relating to planning, organizing, coordinating human and financial resources to ensure the Lac Seul First Nation educational goals are attained. The Director oversees the proper functioning of all education department programs and services in areas of financial management, planning policy and program development, human resource management, organization relationships and administration.
- Minimum of five years of experience in management
- Extensive knowledge of federally regulated school operations
- Organization and communication skills in a managerial capacity
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and be highly motivated
- Ability to plan and execute large scale projects within budget
- Must possess traditional cultural competencies, which requires having an understanding of one’s self and the community
- Ensure the development of a quality education program that meets the needs of Lac Seul First Nation and its students
- Ensure all education department staff develop annual work plans that are consistent with Lac Seul Educational Authority.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Valid Driver’s license
- Fluency in Ojibway is a definite asset
HOURS: 35 hours per week (flexible hours)
LOCATION: Lac Seul, Ontario
CLOSING DATE: January 28, 2022 at 4:00 pm. Late applications will not be accepted.
Please submit a letter of application with a resume and written permission for Human Resources to contact three employment references (two must be most recent supervisors) by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Lac Seul First Nation requires Criminal Reference Checks for those offered positions. We thank all applicants, however, only those being offered an interview will be contacted.