Barrick is a gold industry leader with a vision of wealth generation through responsible mining; wealth for our owners, our people, and the countries and communities with which we partner. Our objective is to maintain and grow industry-leading margins, driven by innovation and our digital transformation; managing our portfolio and allocating capital with discipline and rigor; and leveraging our distinctive partnership culture as a competitive advantage. We aim to cultivate a high-performance culture defined by the following principles: a deep commitment to partnership, consistent execution, operational excellence, disciplined capital allocation, and continual self-improvement. We aim to hire talented individuals with fresh perspectives who challenge themselves to think differently as we transform Barrick into a leading 21st century company.
Barrick Gold is looking to hire for the position of Core Cutter for our Sturgeon Lake winter drilling program. The project will be based in Savant Lake, ON. Reporting to the Geologist, the main assignment will be to saw diamond drill core in half for assaying.
This role is a temporary position for approximately a 2 month term. The estimated start date is February 26, 2024 with the potential for extension based on available work.
• Acting safely and responsibly in and around workspace and local community
• Cut diamond drill core using core cutting saw
• Lifting and moving core boxes, approximately 60lbs
• Fluent in written and spoken English.
• Possess a valid driver license.
• Willingness to learn.
• Experience in core cutting an asset.
• Act as a safety champion and constantly apply the principals and spirit of Courageous Safety Leadership and Courage to Care.
• Preference will be given to those living in the local community.
• All new hires are subject to a criminal record check before commencing.
What we can Offer You
• Valuable experience of standard practices in gold exploration and its many related activities.
• Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team.
To apply, please e-mail your resume to Mark Deans (email@example.com) or Brian Hua (firstname.lastname@example.org). Application process will close on February 14, 2024.
Barrick is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Barrick Goals for Safety and Sustainability
Underpin our daily actions and drive the work that will achieve our near-term priorities and our long-term goals. Our values have one common objective: Achieve excellence in all that we do. To realize our objective, we must work as a team and communicate clearly so that every decision is made with a purpose.
1. Zero Harm Workplace: Because our people are our greatest asset, safety is of paramount importance. It is inherent in every part of our business and is everyone’s responsibility to adhere to our safety standards. As a business, it is an integral requirement to not only ensure the safety of our employees, but also the communities in which we operate. We aim to mitigate known hazards and target a zero-harm workplace.
2. Responsible and Accountable: Act as owners, respect each other as peers and work as a team towards achieving our mission (One team, one mission). Take initiative. Own up to mistakes and learn from them. Drive change. Lead by example and always look for ways to make things better.
3. Partnerships: We foster genuine partnerships and deliver on our commitments to partners. Earn trust and create transparency to build and enhance enduring partnerships between our employees, shareholders, stakeholders and with the countries and local communities in which we operate.
4. Build a Sustainable Legacy: We earn our social license by being a valued member of our host communities by creating economic activity. We manage the impact of our operations and strive to be the industry leader in safety, health and environmental practices.
5. Results Driven: We are results-driven through agile decision-making and disciplined execution. Keep it simple and deliver fit-for-purpose solutions.
6. World-Class People: Attract and develop strong, world-class people who are informed and involved in the processes of the company. Who act with integrity and are tireless in their pursuit of excellence.
7. Be Honest, Transparent and Act with Integrity: We communicate directly, honestly and transparently. Create platforms to enable employees to feel free to voice their opinions. Act with integrity, always.
These rules are in place to save lives and are mandatory for all employees, contractors and visitors