Evolution Mining is a leading, growth focused Australian gold company. We own and operate a portfolio of gold mines across Australia. At Evolution our best discoveries are found every day through the innovation displayed by our people, our great teams, our 100% focus on getting our people home safely and our commitment to building an exceptional company. And we want you to help us discover more!
The purpose of the Communications Coordinator role is to collaborate closely with the Site Leadership Team to manage internal and external communications and the planning/execution of the Evolution’s media relations and social media efforts.
- Roster: 5 days on/ 2 days off/ 4 days on/ 3 days off – 9 hour shifts
- We offer competitive salaries, bonus structures and future growth
- Location: Red Lake, Canada
At Evolution, we’re passionate about Our Culture and Values.
We are an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity, offering exceptional career environments at our Sites and our Group Office, that are challenging, rewarding and fun for all employees. We are regularly supporting our employees’ work-life integration and provide a stimulating and inclusive environment to foster development.
Evolution Mining is a leading, growth-focused globally relevant gold company. We were created in late 2011 and operate five wholly owned mines across Australia and Ontario, Canada. In addition, we hold an economic interest in the Ernest Henry copper-gold mine in Queensland.
We are committed to supporting the communities in which we operate, with local applicants encouraged to apply.
About the role
The Communications Coordinator role offers an exceptional opportunity to provide strategic advice, make recommendations, including making relevant presentations to senior management on strategies and programs which are critical to Evolution’s success in the area of stakeholder relations.
Key result areas in this role include:
- Support the development and execution of a wide range of communications materials (email communications/e-newsletters, press releases, FAQs, presentations, etc.)
- Write press releases to media and stakeholders
- Develop working partnerships with publications and key stakeholders
- Perform onsite event duties including distribution of outreach materials, undertaking or coordinating photography, setting up presentations and obtaining approvals for materials
- Respond to emerging issues within communities, and/or members of the public and help develop and implement strategies to track, address, mitigate, and minimize any issues or potential issues
About our Operation
Our Red Lake Operation is located in an area where you will experience the best in Northern lifestyle, in the heart of a lake-studded, boreal forest region in Sunset Country. Red Lake is known for its natural beauty, abundant wildlife, and incredible Canadian fishing in the many freshwater lakes in the area. The Red Lake district is located 180 kilometers north of Dryden about 100 kilometers from the Manitoba border in Northwestern Ontario, Canada. It spans 42,000 hectares and has produced over 29 million ounces of gold since 1949. Our Red Lake Operation includes the Red Lake and Campbell underground mining and processing complexes, and Cochenour, a potential new source of ore. As Evolution’s newest asset and our first in North America, we are excited by the opportunities here.
Safety is our priority
The safety, health and wellbeing of our people and the communities in which we operate are of paramount importance to us. We believe that every injury is preventable, and we are committed to providing a healthy and safe workplace and empowering our people to stop any unsafe behaviour, enabling everyone to work together towards an injury free workplace.
As a Communications Coordinator, you will have Bachelor’s Degree in English, Journalism, Communications or equivalent field of study; a Certificate in Marketing Communication would be considered an asset.
It is also important that you have/ can demonstrate:
- Experience in a professional communication, marketing, or writing role, with demonstrated experience generating social media, website, and print content
- Experience in outreach strategies for internal/external audiences, enquiry-response management, crisis communications and issues management; and government relations
- Able to drive results personally and through a team in fast-paced environment in a timely and strategic manner
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills (English), including editing, presentation, and interviewing skills
- High accuracy and meticulous attention to detail
- High degree of PC literacy, including MS Office applications
Closing date: Open Until Filled
We thank you for taking the time to submit your application. For more information, you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org
External candidates can apply online by visiting https://careers.evolutionmining.com.au
Internal candidates must apply through ERROLL under internal vacancies and inform your supervisor.
We want your perspective and ideas to help us find better ways to build our team. You can be part of a committed, highly skilled team who will appreciate what you bring to the table. You will set and achieve goals and make decisions that matter, as together we help shape and contribute to the Evolution vision. As an equal opportunity employer, Evolution is committed to diversity, inclusion, and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.