Website Sioux Lookout First Nations Health Authority
Location: Sioux Lookout, Ontario
Salary Range: $95,681 – $123,146 per annum
Reference Number: 2023-185
If applying by email, indicate reference number in subject line
The Clinical Manager will be responsible for overall clinical leadership and management of all Developmental Services Allied Health Professional staff and contracted health services. The goal of the position is to ensure the Developmental Services produces high quality and timely health services/interventions using culturally appropriate practices and best practice standards of care.
The Clinical Manager will work in partnership with First Nations’ leadership and their community members, health care providers, and other key stakeholders. The incumbent must be skilled at initiating innovative approaches to help strengthen the delivery of allied health services to support the north.
The Clinical Manager is directly accountable to the Director, Developmental Services Team.
• Persons of First Nations ancestry will be given preference (OHRC, Part II, Special Employment)
• Masters’s Degree in an Allied Health Profession (AHP)
• Current Registration with the AHP’s Professional College of Ontario, in good standing
• Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in one of the above-mentioned health related fields
• Minimum of 2 years management experience
• Demonstrated understanding of and competence in serving culturally diverse populations; knowledge of First Nations’ people, history, culture, health priorities and social issues
• Excellent interpersonal, leadership, verbal/written and computer communication skills
• Ability to develop and maintain respectful/cooperative relationships with First Nations people, communities, service stakeholders and health care providers to promote an integrated seamless delivery of services
• Ability to function effectively during change management, periods of rapid change and transition
• Experience in people management, program development, governance, budget, resource management, and organizational skills
• Experience working with a diverse range of stakeholders, internal and external to the organization to achieve successful outcomes through excellent relationship-building skills
• Experience fulfilling reporting requirements to funders
• Excellent verbal/written communication
• Must be willing to travel by various modes
• Must have a valid Driver’s License
• Must be willing to relocate and live in Sioux Lookout (or within a daily commuting distance)
• Ability to communicate in one of the First Nations dialects of the Sioux Lookout region would be an asset
• Ability to perform the requirements of the position on a regular basis.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Collaborates with the Director, Developmental Services and Human Resources staff to recruit, interview, select, hire and employ staff within the Developmental Services Team.
• Provides supervision and direction to the Developmental Services Allied Health disciplines by: o Ensuring communication practices are clear and in place
o Regular ongoing staff meetings are held
o Providing effective problem solving and conflict resolution as required
o Administering, monitoring, and ensuring adherence to organizational policies and procedures
o Conducting Performance Appraisals and Action Plans for staff
o Providing ongoing coaching, advice and motivation
o Identifying and supporting professional development and training needs of staff
• Monitors work plans and operating budgets o Manage the development of annual work plans and reports that align with the annual organizational objective setting
o Assist in the preparation of an annual budget as per health service goals and objectives
o Monitor budget variances
o Monitor and ensure proper financial coding
o Assist with the preparation and submission of funding requests and reports
• Coordinate the ongoing promotion of the Developmental Services Team o Manage preparation, maintenance, and submission of all correspondence, reports and briefing notes
o Conduct presentations as needed
• Coordinate and supervise the Developmental Services clinical services o Plan, develop and implement systems that positively impact the ability to perform the work and fulfill the goals of the program efficiently and effectively
o Liaise with leadership, frontline workers, health care providers and other service workers in communities to collaboratively strategize means to tackle priority issues related to Developmental services
o Facilitate delivery of Developmental Services to support communities
o Action community concerns and requests appropriately
• In conjunction with the Director, Developmental Services and other health professionals, will develop regional policies, objectives, educational material and best practices for Developmental Services.
• Support program and service evaluation and quality improvement initiatives by: o Evaluating the effectiveness, acceptability, availability and cost efficiency of the Developmental Services in collaboration with other Developmental Services staff.
o Develop productivity/quality benchmarks for clinical operations, and analyze data against benchmarks to identify efficiencies or inefficiencies to address
o Ensuring that systems are in place to monitor the delivery of health services relevant to Developmental Services for the First Nations communities
• Represent the organization as required in various setting
• Represent the organization on external committees or at meetings as needed i.e., o Conduct presentations to various stakeholders and at conferences and meetings, as appropriate
o Conduct community visits on a regular basis
o Understand the organizations mandate and be able to convey in forums as required
• Provide assistance when required and any other duties assigned
Human Resource Department
Sioux Lookout First Nations Health Authority
P.O. Box 1300, 61 Queen Street
Sioux Lookout, ON P8T 1B8
Phone: (807) 737-1802
Fax: (807) 737-2969
SLFNHA currently “Strongly Recommends” COVID-19 immunizations and requests your immunization status to be sent to our staff health department if successful in the recruitment process.
Closing Date: Until Filled
The Health Authority wishes to thank all applicants in advance. However, only those granted an interview will be contacted.
For additional information regarding the Health Authority, please visit our website at www.slfnha.com
SLFNHA is a proud supporter of Mikinakoos Children’s Fund. To find out more, visit