Mining · Red Lake, Ontario
Be a part of the initial team to grow and operate a regionally significant new underground mine development that is rapidly becoming the future of the iconic Red Lake gold mining district in Ontario, Canada.
Reporting to the Underground Mine Supervisor, the successful candidate will work locally on a 2 weeks on and 2 weeks off schedule. The Blaster is responsible for the safe handling of explosives to support the overall production and safe target support for the Pure Gold Red Lake Mine team.
The focus of this role will include:
- Follow safe working practices and site safety guidelines
- Handle explosives and load blast holes
- Conduct site inspection for safety
- Study requirements, plan drill patterns, conduct field tests, determine the type of explosive and quantity to use, prepare detonators, fuses, detonating cords, charges and other materials
- Load explosives in blast holes by hand or by operating a truck or tracked-mounted rotary drill.
- Connect electrical wires, detonating machines and press the handle or button to detonate the charges.
- Handle, store and transport explosives and accessories.
- Other duties as assigned
Skills and Experience:
- High school diploma or GED
- Previous experience of 3 years as an underground blaster
- Certified in the common core program
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent proven team player approach to work
- Detailed knowledge of safe work practices and related explosive manufacturers specifications is essential;
- Experience maintaining blast equipment and ensuring that safety procedures for handling, storing and moving explosives are followed: and
- Experience maintaining records of blast patterns, design, tie-in, times, weather and other relevant information such as seismographic data
- Proven safe work approach
- Valid driver’s license
Pure Gold Red Lake Mine is an equal opportunity employer who appreciates all those interested in working on this exciting project.
To apply, visit our website at: https://www.puregoldmining.ca/careers/