Lac Seul First Nation
Summary: Lac Seul First Nation is seeking a full-time Band Secretary that will be based at the Council Building in Frenchman’s Head. Under the direct supervision of the Executive Assistant, the Band Secretary is responsible for providing administrative support to the Executive Assistant, Chief and Council, and Executive Director in all areas of communication (i.e., filing correspondence, greeting visitors/general public, and directing telephone calls).
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide general reception duties to the general public and staff.
- Promptly receive and screen incoming telephone calls, provide friendly and professional greeting, taking messages as appropriate, and eliciting necessary information to allow timely and accurate responses.
- Provide administrative support to staff members as needed (i.e., type out correspondence, file documents, take minutes when required, assist with tasks for the organization of Chief and Council, Executive Director and the Executive Assistant, assist with special events, assist band staff with general office procedures, etc.).
- Ability to maintain office, ordering office supplies, maintain databases and files.
- Will be responsible for assisting and maintaining accurate calendars for Chief and Council.
- Shifting demands and priorities. Must be flexible and able to adjust to change and frequent interruptions.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of Grade 12 and/or two years’ experience in office administration.
- Excellent communication, and use of word processing programs (i.e., Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Highly motivated, excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality.
- Ability to multi-task and work independently.
- Must have supervisory experience.
- Valid driver’s license and access to own vehicle.
- Passionate about delivering exceptional client service.
- Strong sense of ownership and a proactive, resourceful approach to challenges.
- Knowledge of LSFN, First Nation language and culture is an asset.
Location: Frenchman’s Head, Lac Seul, ON
Hours: 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., 35hrs/week
Closing: Open Until Filled Late applications will not be accepted.
Please submit a cover letter along with a resume, and written permission for LSFN Human Resources to contact two employment references, (most recent supervisors) must be provided. Applications can be mailed, faxed, emailed, or delivered to:
Lac Seul First Nation
Frenchman’s Head Band Office
Attention: C/o HR Dept.
P.O. Box 100 Hudson, ON. P0V 1X0
Fax #: (807) 582-3585
Lac Seul First Nation requires Criminal Reference Checks for those offered positions. We thank all applicants, however, only those being offered an interview will be contacted.
As per policy, applicants should note that COVID-19 Vaccination is required for all Lac Seul First Nation staff.