Red Lake Madsen Mine
Be a part of the initial team to grow and operate a regionally significant new underground mine development that is rapidly becoming the future of the iconic Red Lake gold mining district in Ontario, Canada.
Reporting to the Chief Geologist, your primary responsibility is to support the Red Lake Madsen Mine geology team in operational and technical aspects upcoming surface and underground drilling activities.
The focus of this role will include:
- Ensure surface and underground drilling activities are conducted in accordance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act (Ontario) and Regulations.
- Comply with all safety requirements and observe all company policies/procedures.
- Provide onsite daily management of the diamond drill program through supervision of the drilling contractor and coordination with other departments.
- Design and coordinate exploration, infill, and production drilling including generation of drill layouts, drill plans/sections, communication with the drilling contractors and site operations.
- Ensures best practices for logging, sampling and database management are followed
- Collect, review, and analyze, and interpret all exploration results when received
- Preparation of monthly and weekly drilling reports.
- Tracking drilling expenditures and prepare budgetary reporting for the geology team.
- Train and mentor junior geologists on core logging, oriented core, sampling standards, geological software etc.
- Underground and surface drill site inspections as required.
- Carry out core logging as required.
- Other duties as required.
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Geology
- Registered or eligible for registration as a professional geologist in Ontario (APGO).
- Ontario common core module preferred.
- 3-5 years of underground mine definition drilling experience.
- Working knowledge of the Ontario Mining Act as it relates to mine operations.
- Dynamic, high energy, self-motivated and ability to make independent decisions
- Computer skills in Deswik, MS Office and Leapfrog.
- Working knowledge of GIS systems
- Valid driver’s license.
****Must be able to Provide the Following: *****
– Clean Criminal Record Check
West Red Lake Gold Mines is an equal opportunity employer who appreciates all those interested in working on this exciting project.