Underground Drill Offsider/Truck Operator – Apply Now!
Underground Drill Offsider/Truck Operator
We are seeking applications for entry level underground mining positions. Training and upskilling will be provided. A strong work ethic, willingness to learn, dependability and flexibility in day-to-day job tasks is key to this position.
Responsibilities / Duties:
· Assist jumbo operators with bolting and meshing
· Set up development headings with ground support materials
· Underground haul truck operation
· Willingness to assist with varied tasks and responsibilities
· Complete operator and equipment shift reports and communicate closely with supervisors
· Maintain working area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition.
· Solid work ethic, regular attendance, punctuality, and a strong commitment to safety
· Must be physically fit and capable of manual lifting and carrying repetitively and on a regular basis
· Valid Canadian Drivers License
· Willingness to work in a cross-cultural team
· Full time contract position
· 14-shifts on / 14-shifts off, days and nights
· Competitive rates
· Flights from point of hire: Winnipeg and Thunder Bay
· Accommodation and onsite camp facilities
· Health and Medical Benefits
· Excellent team working environment
· Great company culture
· Global industry best practice training opportunities
· Structured progression and career development opportunities
The successful candidates will receive a conditional offer based on passing a medical and background check.
The Byrnecut Group
With over 4,000 employees around the globe, the Byrnecut Group is a leading full service underground mining contractor, servicing major mine owners internationally. We operate a multi-million dollar fleet of specialized underground mining equipment across several continents and deliver industry leading performance through innovation, quality, safety and reliability. We train and upskill our people into world class mining professionals and offer them the opportunity to work on exciting projects around the world.
In line with our growth plans in North America, Byrnecut Canada Ltd has been selected to deliver high speed, fully mechanized decline/ramp development services for the Campbell Young Dickenson Decline Project, Red Lake, Canada. We are seeking a dynamic team to be a part of this exciting project which will utilize the latest high capacity, high automation equipment.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract, Fly-In/Fly-Out
- Bonus pay
- Overtime pay
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- 12 hour shift