Technician – Maintenance
Date: Jan 4, 2022
Location: Red Lake, ON, CA
Company: Evolution Mining Limited
Evolution Mining is a leading, growth focused globally relevant gold company. Evolution was created in late 2011 and operates five wholly owned mines across Australia and Ontario, Canada. We are passionate about our values of safety, excellence, accountability and respect and they underpin everything we do.
The purpose of the Technician – Maintenance (Communications) role is to be directly responsible for installing and overall maintenance of the various communications systems in place at Evolution Mining Red Lake Operation.
- Roster: 7 days on/ 7 days off – 12 hour shifts
- We offer competitive salaries, bonus structures and future growth
- Location: Red Lake, Canada
At Evolution, we’re passionate about Our Culture and Values.
We are an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity, offering exceptional career environments at our Sites and our Group Office, that are challenging, rewarding and fun for all employees. We are regularly supporting our employees’ work-life integration and provide a stimulating and inclusive environment to foster development.
Evolution Mining is a leading, growth-focused globally relevant gold company. We were created in late 2011 and operate five wholly owned mines across Australia and Ontario, Canada. In addition, we hold an economic interest in the Ernest Henry copper-gold mine in Queensland.
We are committed to supporting the communities in which we operate, with local applicants encouraged to apply.
The safety, health and wellbeing of our people and the communities in which we operate are of paramount importance to us. We believe that every injury is preventable, and we are committed to providing a healthy and safe workplace and empowering our people to stop any unsafe behaviour, enabling everyone to work together towards an injury free workplace.
About our Operation
Our Red Lake Operation is located in an area where you will experience the best in Northern lifestyle, in the heart of a lake-studded, boreal forest region in Sunset Country. Red Lake is known for its natural beauty, abundant wildlife, and incredible Canadian fishing in the many freshwater lakes in the area. The Red Lake district is located 180 kilometers north of Dryden about 100 kilometers from the Manitoba border in Northwestern Ontario, Canada. It spans 42,000 hectares and has produced over 29 million ounces of gold since 1949. Our Red Lake Operation includes the Red Lake and Campbell underground mining and processing complexes, and Cochenour, a potential new source of ore. As Evolution’s newest asset and our first in North America, we are excited by the opportunities here.
About the role
The Technician – Maintenance (Communications) role offers an exceptional opportunity to be responsible for documentation of infrastructure and processes/procedures for Radio, Fiber and Cabling processes.
Key result areas in this role include:
- Support RF Radio Systems such as: Mototurbo Multisite Capacity Plus, IP Site Connect, Digital and Analog Repeaters
- Radio programming and support a fleet of Motorola portable and mobile radios
- Repair, troubleshoot and install Leaky feeder cable, amplifiers, and repeaters
- Maintain the Diagnostic systems and OTAP Server Database
- Install and repair Fiber Optic cabling; Terminations of SM or MM fiber and fusion slicing
- Splice and test fiber optic cables in all outside plant applications – aerial, burial and underground, on both newly placed and existing cables
- Analyze test results and have the ability to troubleshoot and correct any faults or defects
- Running and terminating New Cat6 Cabling, removing old Cat5 Cabling, replacing existing network devices – such as switches, wireless access points, cameras etc., EMT Conduit Work, IT Cabinet Clean Ups and Site Audits. Installation and programming of Access Control, CCTV, and Intrusion systems
- Test equipment to locate transmission faults Splice, join and connect wires
- Repair or replace defective telephone equipment determine nature, cause and location of trouble
- Install and maintain aerial and underground telephone equipment
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor
As a Technician – Maintenance (Communications), you will have a Technician or Technologist Diploma with major courses in Communications Technology or a related field. Preference will be given to candidates qualified and experienced in fiber optics.
It is also important that you have/ can demonstrate:
- Experience in the mining industry is desirable
- Alternatively, demonstrated experience in radio systems technology or a related field with emphasis on systems maintenance & troubleshooting, or a combination equivalent to education and experience that provides the applicant with the knowledge, skills and ability required to successfully perform the job may be considered
- Solid background experience with Leaky Feeder, VHF, UHF, and 802.11 communications equipment
- Thorough understanding of radio construction and ability to improvise to maintain equipment in a serviceable condition, when necessary
- Advanced radio remote control maintenance and repair experience
- Excellent troubleshooting skills, and ability to diagnose problems rapidly and apply corrective measures
- Excellent organizational, verbal and written communication, and prioritization abilities
- Functions well under pressure and possesses a strong work ethic
- Flexible team player and able to work independently with minimal supervision
Closing date: Open Until Filled
We thank you for taking the time to submit your application. For more information, you can contact email@example.com .
External candidates can apply online by visiting https://careers.evolutionmining.com.au
Internal candidates must apply through ERROLL under internal vacancies, please ensure to notify your supervisor of your application.
We want your perspective and ideas to help us find better ways to build our team. You can be part of a committed, highly skilled team who will appreciate what you bring to the table. You will set and achieve goals and make decisions that matter, as together we help shape and contribute to the Evolution vision. As an equal opportunity employer, Evolution is committed to diversity, inclusion, and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.