Superintendent – Social Responsibility
Evolution Mining is a leading, growth focused Australian gold company. We own and operate a portfolio of gold mines across Australia. At Evolution our best discoveries are found every day through the innovation displayed by our people, our great teams, our 100% focus on getting our people home safely and our commitment to building an exceptional company. And we want you to help us discover more!
The purpose of the Superintendent – Social Responsibility role is to develop partnerships and overseeing programs and communications within the geographic area of Red Lake Operations including neighbouring local and First Nations Communities, government, and non-government agencies.
- Roster: Local – 5 days on/ 2 days off/ 4 days on/ 3 days off – 9 hour shifts
- We offer competitive salaries, bonus structures and future growth
- Location: Red Lake, Canada
At Evolution, we’re passionate about Our Culture and Values.
We are an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity, offering exceptional career environments at our Sites and our Group Office, that are challenging, rewarding and fun for all employees. We are regularly supporting our employees’ work-life integration and provide a stimulating and inclusive environment to foster development.
Evolution Mining is a leading, growth-focused globally relevant gold company. We were created in late 2011 and operate five wholly owned mines across Australia and Ontario, Canada. In addition, we hold an economic interest in the Ernest Henry copper-gold mine in Queensland.
We are committed to supporting the communities in which we operate, with local applicants encouraged to apply.
About the role
The Superintendent – Social Responsibility role offers an exceptional opportunity to participate in a proactive community and stakeholder engagement program that will build relationships and that will provide local communities, stakeholders, and the general public with regular information about project designs, plans, benefits, impacts, and construction.
Key result areas in this role include:
- Coordinate and manage all communications and engagement activities with the stakeholders and indigenous communities, while supporting increased engagement
- Identify emerging issues within communities, and/or members of the public and help develop and implement strategies to track, address, mitigate, and minimize any issues or potential issues
- Provide strategic advice, make recommendations, including making relevant presentations to senior management on strategies and programs which are critical to Evolution’s success in the area of community and indigenous relations
- Provide reports, data, budgeting, and department goals/objectives for corporate purposes
- Establish and implement consultation plans necessary to influence and secure government approvals for major mining projects
- Lead procedural aspects of consultation with Indigenous communities as delegated by the Crown
- Travelling to local Indigenous communities, establish and maintain strategic relationships with elected officials of the Indigenous communities
About our Operation
Our Red Lake Operation is located in an area where you will experience the best in Northern lifestyle, in the heart of a lake-studded, boreal forest region in Sunset Country. Red Lake is known for its natural beauty, abundant wildlife, and incredible Canadian fishing in the many freshwater lakes in the area. The Red Lake district is located 180 kilometers north of Dryden about 100 kilometers from the Manitoba border in Northwestern Ontario, Canada. It spans 42,000 hectares and has produced over 29 million ounces of gold since 1949. Our Red Lake Operation includes the Red Lake and Campbell underground mining and processing complexes, and Cochenour, a potential new source of ore. As Evolution’s newest asset and our first in North America, we are excited by the opportunities here.
Safety is our priority
The safety, health and wellbeing of our people and the communities in which we operate are of paramount importance to us. We believe that every injury is preventable, and we are committed to providing a healthy and safe workplace and empowering our people to stop any unsafe behaviour, enabling everyone to work together towards an injury free workplace.
As a Superintendent – Social Responsibility, you will have a Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences, CSR Management, Environment, Human Resources, Business, or relevant field – or a combination of education, training, and experience deemed equivalent.
It is also important that you have/ can demonstrate:
- Progressively senior work experience in Indigenous relations and engagement, stakeholder relations, developing and implementing strategic communications programs and strategy
- Valid driver’s license
- Proven track record in building relationships with Indigenous communities and collaborating across stakeholder functions building trusted and transparent relationships
- Able to drive results personally and through a team in fast-paced environment in a timely and strategic manner
- Ability to be sensitive and tactful when dealing with issues, concerns, complaints, and comments from community members or stakeholders
- Track record and experience in negotiations will be an asset
- Experience working in mining is an asset
Closing date: Open until filled
We thank you for taking the time to submit your application. For more information, you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org
External candidates can apply online by visiting https://careers.evolutionmining.com.au
Internal candidates must apply through ERROLL under internal vacancies, please ensure to inform your supervisor/department head.
We want your perspective and ideas to help us find better ways to build our team. You can be part of a committed, highly skilled team who will appreciate what you bring to the table. You will set and achieve goals and make decisions that matter, as together we help shape and contribute to the Evolution vision. As an equal opportunity employer, Evolution is committed to diversity, inclusion, and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.