Senior Production Geologist
Senior Production Geologist
Technical Services · Red Lake, Ontario
Be a part of the initial team to grow and operate a regionally significant new underground mine development that is rapidly becoming the future of the iconic Red Lake gold mining district in Ontario, Canada.
Reporting to the Chief Geologist the successful candidate is responsible for the daily underground geology related to underground tonnes and grade production. The Production Geologist will work locally with the operations team on a 14 days on and 14 days off work schedule in the support of a safety culture and achievement in production targets.
The focus of this role will include:
- Studies and interprets, on a continuing basis, the pertinent geology related to the mining operations and communicates any information which could impact the operations to the Senior Production Geologist;
- Supervises and mentors the production geology team.
- Coordinates the underground mapping in mineralized zones and waste found in the development headings;
- Help with plans and guidance for the exploration and definition diamond drilling in the zones extensions and in the production stopes;
- Produces a monthly report of production results to the Chief Geologist;
- Follows and controls the quality of work done in the lateral developments in the mineralized zones under geological controls.
- Follows and controls the quality of all the production sampling, mapping, and stope grade estimates;
- Interprets the data acquired by the geological technician’s and their observations in order to create geological plans and sections describing the extension, strike and attitude of the geological units, structures and mineralized zones encountered;
- Calculate the tonnage and grade of the production stopes and ore headings;
- Collaborate with the engineering department for their monthly and quarterly planning;
- Collaborate with the engineering and mine departments to minimize ore dilution during development and stoping;
- Follows and makes sure the health and safety standards of the company are followed by all workers he encounters;
- Keeps good housekeeping standards in their work area;
- Core Logging when needed
Skills and Experience:
- University degree in geology or geological engineering
- Eligible for registration as a professional geologist in Ontario (APGO)
- Common core module
- 5+ years of underground mine operations and geology experience
- Working knowledge of the Ontario Mining Act as it relates to mine operations
- Computer skills for downloading data and data collection
- Computer skills in Deswik, Leapfrog, MS Office
- Ability to walk significant distances underground and lift 50 pounds
- Valid driver’s license
- Strong interpersonal, influencing, analytical and problem solving skills
Pure Gold Red Lake Mine is an equal opportunity employer who appreciates all those interested in working on this exciting project.
To apply, visit our website at: https://www.puregoldmining.ca/careers/