Senior Mine Engineer
Senior Mine Engineer
Engineering · Red Lake, Ontario
Be a part of the initial team to grow and operate a regionally significant new underground mine development that is rapidly becoming the future of the iconic Red Lake gold mining district in Ontario, Canada.
Reporting to the Technical Services Superintendent, the successful candidate is responsible for leading the engineering department and managing the execution of the mine plan. The Senior Mine Engineer will support the safety culture and achievement in production targets. The Senior Mine Engineer will work 2 weeks on, 2 weeks off.
The focus of this role will include:
- Follow safe working practices and site safety guidelines.
- Provide senior technical leadership, coaching and mentoring of junior engineers and technicians to develop individual and team capabilities.
- Participate in the design, evaluation and support of underground mining operations (ventilation, ground control, dewatering).
- Develop and implement the longhole drilling program with Operations.
- Develop and distribute development layouts and production prints to operations in a timely manner that are consistent with engineering standards.
- Generate 12 to 18-month rolling plans based on LOM and budget production plans.
- Develop and maintain long range electrical, ventilation and construction schedules.
- Monitor and report past performance versus budget and forecast.
- Track Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and implement continuous improvement initiatives.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Experience:
- University degree in mining engineering or equivalent.
- Eligible for registration as a professional engineer in Ontario.
- Minimum 5-10 years’ previous underground mining experience.
- Ontario Underground common core module training and certification is considered an asset.
- Proficiency with AutoCAD.
- Proficiency with Deswik software (CAD, Sched, UGDB).
- Ability to work independently.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Excellent proven team player approach to work
- Valid driver’s license.
Pure Gold Red Lake Mine is an equal opportunity employer who appreciates all those interested in working on this exciting project.
To apply, visit our website at: https://www.puregoldmining.ca/careers/