Senior Geologist – Mine
Date: Jan 4, 2022
Location: Red Lake, ON, CA
Company: Evolution Mining Limited
Evolution Mining is a leading, growth focused globally relevant gold company. Evolution was created in late 2011 and operates five wholly owned mines across Australia and Ontario, Canada. We are passionate about our values of safety, excellence, accountability and respect and they underpin everything we do.
The purpose of the Senior Geologist role is to oversee all aspects of safety, grade control and professional development of the production geology team. You will also ensure that the team works toward meeting or exceeding the company’s safety and production objectives.
- Roster: 5 days on/ 2 days off/ 4 days on/ 3 days off – 9.5 hour shifts
- Local position – no FIFO
- We offer competitive salaries, bonus structures and future growth
- Location: Red Lake, Canada
At Evolution, we’re passionate about Our Culture and Values.
We are an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity, offering exceptional career environments at our Sites and our Group Office, that are challenging, rewarding and fun for all employees. We are regularly supporting our employees’ work-life integration and provide a stimulating and inclusive environment to foster development.
Evolution Mining is a leading, growth-focused globally relevant gold company. We were created in late 2011 and operate five wholly owned mines across Australia and Ontario, Canada. In addition, we hold an economic interest in the Ernest Henry copper-gold mine in Queensland. We are committed to supporting the communities in which we operate, with local applicants encouraged to apply.
The safety, health and wellbeing of our people and the communities in which we operate are of paramount importance to us. We believe that every injury is preventable, and we are committed to providing a healthy and safe workplace and empowering our people to stop any unsafe behaviour, enabling everyone to work together towards an injury free workplace.
About our Operation
Our Red Lake Operation is located in an area where you will experience the best in Northern lifestyle, in the heart of a lake-studded, boreal forest region in Sunset Country. Red Lake is known for its natural beauty, abundant wildlife, and incredible Canadian fishing in the many freshwater lakes in the area. The Red Lake district is located 180 kilometers north of Dryden about 100 kilometers from the Manitoba border in Northwestern Ontario, Canada. It spans 42,000 hectares and has produced over 29 million ounces of gold since 1949. Our Red Lake Operation includes the Red Lake and Campbell underground mining and processing complexes, and Cochenour, a potential new source of ore. As Evolution’s newest asset and our first in North America, we are excited by the opportunities here.
About the role
The Senior Geologist role offers an exceptional opportunity to oversee the timely completion of all ore outlines and geologic information for use by engineering.
Key result areas in this role include:
- Ensure production geology team members are working safely by providing adequate orientation and training and ensure that team members meet the requirements of their positions
- Hold monthly safety meetings as per RLO standards
- Ensure a sufficient amount of grade control data is being collected in order to make timely decisions and accurate geologic models
- Ensure definition drilling is scheduled, the core is logged to standard, and the geology is updated in the current active projects when drill programs are complete
- Responsible for reviewing and signing off diamond drill layouts and engineering layouts
- Ensure governance of monthly grade reconciliation and grade prediction for short, mid and long term planning (layouts, quarterly forecasts and annual budgets)
- Communicate with diamond drill contractor regarding drill setups, prioritizing drill programs, monitoring drill hole deviations and invoice discrepancies
- Communicate with senior geology staff on all strategic decisions dealing with the geologic process on grade estimation, grade control, resources and reconciliation
As a Senior Geologist, you will have a University Degree in Geology with P’Geo Designation. It is also important that you have/ can demonstrate:
- Demonstrated experience of underground production geology in precious metals mining
- Superior working knowledge of Microsoft Suite (Excel especially), Deswik, AcQuire, Datamine, Leapfrog & Pronto
- Excellent understanding of grade control, sampling practices, mining methods, grade control, and sampling practices
- Intermediate understanding of block models & must know how to target, design, and manage diamond drill programs
- Must be able to adapt to change rapidly, work well within a team and independently, and must be a self-starter
Closing date: Open until filled
We thank you for taking the time to submit your application. For more information, you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org .
External candidates can apply online by visiting https://careers.evolutionmining.com.au
Internal candidates must apply through ERROLL under internal vacancies, please ensure to notify your supervisor of your application.
We want your perspective and ideas to help us find better ways to build our team. You can be part of a committed, highly skilled team who will appreciate what you bring to the table. You will set and achieve goals and make decisions that matter, as together we help shape and contribute to the Evolution vision. As an equal opportunity employer, Evolution is committed to diversity, inclusion, and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.