Location: Red Lake, ON, CA
Company: Evolution Mining Limited
Evolution Mining is a leading, growth focused Australian gold company. We own and operate a portfolio of gold mines across Australia. At Evolution our best discoveries are found every day through the innovation displayed by our people, our great teams, our 100% focus on getting our people home safely and our commitment to building an exceptional company. And we want you to help us discover more!
The purpose of the Senior Buyer role is to provide expertise and guidance to EVN stakeholders for the procurement of goods and services into the EVN business. The role considers the full procure to pay cycle, supply chain, vendor relationship management, contracts management and governance and administration that is required to ensure a successful procurement outcome.
- Roster: 5 days on / 2 days off/ 4 days on / 3 days off – 9.5 hour shifts
- Local position in a beautiful community (No FIFO)
- We offer competitive salaries, bonus structures and future growth
- Location: Red Lake, Canada
At Evolution, we’re passionate about Our Culture and Values.
We are an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity, offering exceptional career environments at our Sites and our Group Office, that are challenging, rewarding and fun for all employees. We are regularly supporting our employees’ work-life integration and provide a stimulating and inclusive environment to foster development.
Evolution Mining is a leading, growth-focused globally relevant gold company. We were created in late 2011 and operate five wholly owned mines across Australia and Ontario, Canada. In addition, we hold an economic interest in the Ernest Henry copper-gold mine in Queensland.
We are committed to supporting the communities in which we operate, with local applicants encouraged to apply.
About the role
The Senior Buyer role offers an exceptional opportunity to ensure that the values of safety, excellence, accountability and respect are applied throughout the planning, procurement, implementation, management and review of various sourcing initiatives and arrangements to achieve value-for-money, sustainable outcomes that optimise safety performance, enable timely delivery of operational objectives and deliver socially acceptable and commercially robust outcomes in the way that we do business.
Key result areas in this role include:
- Recognise the different sourcing strategies and be able to develop strategies that reflect the importance and value of items being procured
- Prepare category spend data, profiling and compile sourcing documents for market testing
- Conduct and lead end to end sourcing activities in accordance with established policies and procedures
- Liaise with departments to prepare RFPs and facilitate the competitive bidding process
- Evaluate and provide professional advice on results
- Develop, negotiate, and execute contracts with Suppliers
- Provide governance, assistance and guidance on procurement related matters to EVN stakeholders and support good practice in procurement
- Maintain contracts register and ensure information is current, accurate and complete
- Maintain and update spend report and prepare reports on procurement and contract activity to meet organisational requirements
About our Operation
Our Red Lake Operation is located in an area where you will experience the best in Northern lifestyle, in the heart of a lake-studded, boreal forest region in Sunset Country. Red Lake is known for its natural beauty, abundant wildlife, and incredible Canadian fishing in the many freshwater lakes in the area. The Red Lake district is located 180 kilometers north of Dryden about 100 kilometers from the Manitoba border in Northwestern Ontario, Canada. It spans 42,000 hectares and has produced over 29 million ounces of gold since 1949. Our Red Lake Operation includes the Red Lake and Campbell underground mining and processing complexes, and Cochenour, a potential new source of ore. As Evolution’s newest asset and our first in North America, we are excited by the opportunities here.
Safety is our priority
The safety, health and wellbeing of our people and the communities in which we operate are of paramount importance to us. We believe that every injury is preventable, and we are committed to providing a healthy and safe workplace and empowering our people to stop any unsafe behaviour, enabling everyone to work together towards an injury free workplace.
As a Senior Buyer, you will have post-secondary education – CSCMP Designation or equivalent. Mining industry technical background would be beneficial. It is also important that you have/ can demonstrate:
- Experience in commercial activities associated with the resources or construction industry
- Proven ability to prepare, analyse, profile and present data, in a structured and logical format
- Extensive experience in procurement, contract management, and/or project management
Closing date: Open Until Filled
We thank you for taking the time to submit your application. For more information, you can contact Jeannette.Dupasquier@evolutionmining.com
External candidates can apply online by visiting https://careers.evolutionmining.com.au
Internal candidates must apply through ERROLL under internal vacancies and notify their supervisor.
We want your perspective and ideas to help us find better ways to build our team. You can be part of a committed, highly skilled team who will appreciate what you bring to the table. You will set and achieve goals and make decisions that matter, as together we help shape and contribute to the Evolution vision. As an equal opportunity employer, Evolution is committed to diversity, inclusion, and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.