Sioux Lookout First Nation Health Authority
Sioux Lookout Position Location: Sioux Lookout, Ontario
Salary Range $55,966 to $68,137 per annum
Under the direction of the Director of People and Culture (DPC), the Program Assistant/HRIS will provide administrative support to the Management Team and SLFNHA. In addition, this position will provide general administration responsibility of the HRIS system (s) within SLFNHA
Who can apply: Persons of First Nations ancestry will be given preference (s.16 (1)CHRA)
Applicants must possess:
- Post-Secondary Education in HR/IT/Business or education and experience deemed acceptable by the employer.
- One (1) to two (2) years of related experience in working with HRIS system.
- 1-3 years working in a Program Assistant and or HR environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs.
- Superior telephone manners and strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team.
- Flexibility to allow one to work effectively in a diverse, fast-paced environment.
- High level of integrity and work ethic.
- Ability to attend work on a regular basis.
- Positive performance record.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Supports the administrative needs of the Director of People and Culture. This includes assistance in coordination of meetings and schedules. Develops and edits draft letters, spreadsheets, power points and written documentation.
- Provides reception and manages general calls into the HR department as required.
- Ensures that HR files are managed and kept current both in paper and electronic formats.
- Co-ordinates the utilization and application of the HRIS system (s). This includes managing the entry of core data into system, understanding and developing report writing from the systems.
- Co-ordinates closely with DPC and HR Managers on the development of HRIS functions and capability.
- On-boarding and Orientation of staff and leaders in understanding their responsibilities within the HRIS.
- Processing and coordination of HR functions within: Recruitment, Orientation/On-boarding, Compensation, Benefits, Policy, Disability Management, Training and Development, Health and Safety/Staff Health, Culture, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
As per policy, applicants should note that COVID-19 Immunization is a condition of employment within SLFNHA.
Please send cover letter, resume, three most recent employment references and an up-to-date Criminal Reference Check with a Vulnerable Persons Sector Check to:
Human Resource Department
Sioux Lookout First Nations Health Authority
P.O. Box 1300, 61 Queen Street
Sioux Lookout, ON P8T 1B8
Phone: (807) 737-1802
Fax: (807) 737-2969
Closing Date: Open to Filled
No resumes received after this time will be accepted.
The Health Authority wishes to thank all applicants in advance.
However, only those granted an interview will be contacted.
For additional information regarding the Health Authority, please visit our Web-site at www.slfnha.com
SLFNHA is a proud supporter of Mikinakoos Children’s Fund. To find out more, visit www.mikinakoos.com