Sioux Lookout First Nation Health Authoriity
Full Time Position Location: Lac Seul, ON
Salary Range: $50,016 – $60,893
The Payroll Analyst prepares and issues payroll for 300+ employees (~$13,000,000 pa) based on biweekly time sheet submissions as well as processing the related government remittances, returns, benefits contributions and other deductions in Accounts Payable
Who can apply: Persons of First Nations ancestry will be given preference (s.16 (1)CHRA)
Applicants must possess:
- Proficient in the following areas; sound grasp of payroll administration, accrual accounting and general bookkeeping
- Able to read, interpret and apply personnel and payroll policies
- Able to read, interpret and apply government remittance and reporting requirements
- Working knowledge of computerized payroll (PayDirt Pro) and benefits administration programs as well as Sage AccPac ERP GL and AP
- Attention to detail and a high level of accuracy
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Computer skills including the ability to operate computerized accounting, spreadsheet, word-processing, web-based financial applications and email at a highly proficient level
- Very effective organization skills combined with excellent time management and stress management
- Effective verbal, listening, and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and team building
- Must maintain strict confidentiality and must be honest, trustworthy, respectful and flexible with sound work ethics
Knowledge and Ability:
- Prepare and maintain biweekly payroll in an effective, timely and accurate manner
- Enter individual time sheet data (e.g. hours worked, OT calculations, leave, applicable deductions)
- Calculate net pays, upload transfer files to bank
- Post accounting transactions and issue employee pay stubs
- Maintain organized payroll files for employees and related returns/remittances; ensure the confidentiality and security of all financial and payroll files
- Maintain current and accurate employee profiles and pay-cards in the database
- Liaise with employees, Human Resources and supervisors to resolve payroll and deduction issues in a productive and timely manner
- Maintain a quality management environment for payroll
- Ensure all procedures, checklists and systems are well-documented to facilitate audit and vacation coverage
- Monitor and measure time spent to process payroll as well as number of occurrences and time required to resolve errors.
- Contribute to finance systems development by identifying opportunities for process improvements and for raising issues that affect productivity and efficiency.
- Ensure timely and accurate preparation and submission of all government remittances, benefits contributions and other deductions as well as all related returns and filing.
- Prepare on-time and accurate filings, payments and reconcile clearing accounts for
- Semi-monthly Receiver General Remittances and Annual T4s
- Monthly WSIB Remittances and Annual Returns
- Monthly EHT Remittances and Annual Returns
- Biweekly Pension and CSB contributions
- Monthly Benefit contributions (GWL)
- Process other deductions, travel, advances and garnishees as they occur
- Issue Records of Employment as required.
- Other duties as required or assigned
Please send cover letter, resume, three most recent employment references and an up-to-date Criminal Reference Check with a Vulnerable Person’s Sector Check to:
Human Resource Department
Sioux Lookout First Nations Health Authority
P.O. Box 1300, 61 Queen Street
Sioux Lookout, ON P8T 1B8
Phone: (807) 737-1802
Fax: (807) 737-2969
Closing Date: February 26th, 2021 @ 4:30pm
No resumes received after this time will be accepted.
The Health Authority wishes to thank all applicants in advance.
However, only those granted an interview will be contacted.
For additional information regarding the Health Authority, please visit our Web-site at www.slfnha.com
SLFNHA is a proud supporter of Mikinakoos Children’s Fund. To find out more, visit www.mikinakoos.com