Sioux Lookout First Nation Health Authority
Full Time Position Location: Sioux Lookout, Ontario
The Approaches to Community Wellbeing is a regional resource to 31 First Nations Communities. The Approaches to Community Wellbeing provides expertise, support, services, and programming in public health to the region. The program also supports communities in the development, implementation, and monitoring of their own Approaches to Community Wellbeing.
The Office Assistant is responsible for providing administrative support to the Public Health Physician. The Office Assistant must have excellent public relations skills, communication skills, clerical skills, computer skills, and the ability to work in a demanding work environment.
The Office Assistant is directly accountable to the Public Health Physician.
Salary range starting from $50,366 to a maximum of $61,319/yearly based upon 1,820 hours.
Who can apply: Persons of First Nations ancestry will be given preference (s.16 (1)CHRA)
- Certificate or diploma in Secretarial Arts and/or Office Administration
- At least three years’ experience in administration, preferably health or public health
- Experience working with First Nations people and Northern Communities
- Strong computer skills; proficiency in Microsoft Office a must
- Experience in minute taking, producing, distributing and follow up is an asset
- Superior time management and organizational skills; very detail orientated
- Ability to work independently with the flexibility to work as part of a team
- Ability to speak in one of the First Nation dialects in the Sioux Lookout area
- As per policy, applicants should note that COVID-19 immunization is a condition of employment within SLFNHA.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plans and co-ordinates the activities and schedule of the Public Health Physician
- Provides receptionist duties for the Public Health Physician. Duties include but not limited to screening of telephone calls, taking and conveying messages, scheduling meetings, maintaining scheduling, and providing general information as required
- Designs and types documents including: briefing notes, letters, memorandums, work plans, reports, funding reports, PowerPoint Presentations, administrative circulars, internal instructions and confidential correspondence
- Make meeting arrangements (including scheduling, venue, catering), prepare agendas and prepares minutes of meetings.
- Proofreads and modifies grammar, spelling and punctuation of all documents before submitting for signatures or mailing
- Answers requests for information, made by telephone or in person, from the general public and other community agencies and conveys messages to the Public Health Physician
- Meet and greet incoming visitors and ensuring visitors are signed in and comfortable
- Maintains the office filing system for the Public Health Physician
- Support photocopying and shredding as needed
- Accesses e-mail for messages or information directed to Public Health Physician as needed.
- Maintain accountability by providing regular reports to the Public Health Physician
- Demonstrate professionalism and accountability by maintaining client and community confidentiality and completing the required documentation
- Co-ordinates travel for Public Health Physician Orders and maintain an inventory of supplies for the Public Health Physician
- Provide translation/interpreter services as required
- In conjunction with the program assistant, provide administrative support to the Management team including meeting minutes
- Other duties as required.
Please send cover letter, resume, three most recent employment references and an up-to-date Criminal Reference Check with a Vulnerable Persons Sector Check to:
Human Resource Department
Sioux Lookout First Nations Health Authority
P.O. Box 1300, 61 Queen Street
Sioux Lookout, ON P8T 1B8
Phone: (807) 737-1802
Fax: (807) 737-2969
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
The Health Authority wishes to thank all applicants in advance.
However, only those granted an interview will be contacted.
For additional information regarding the Health Authority, please visit our Web-site at www.slfnha.com
SLFNHA is a proud supporter of Mikinakoos Children’s Fund. To find out more, visit www.mikinakoos.com