Lac Seul First Nation
Lac Seul Education Authority is accepting applications for a full-time Maintenance worker position at the Obishikokaang Elementary School in Frenchman’s Head. Under the direction and supervision of the Maintenance Supervisor, the Maintenance Worker is responsible for all caretaking aspects of the facility and grounds.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Minimum Grade 12 or Equivalent;
- Must have a valid Class G Driver’s License with clean driver’s abstract;
- Inspect and maintain when required, plumbing, electrical, mechanical and building deficiencies;
- Must be able to problem-solve and trouble-shoot in a timely manner;
- Must possess working knowledge of a wide variety of maintenance and light construction tasks (i.e. plaster and drywall repairs, etc.);
- Identify potential serious issues to Maintenance Supervisor
- Keeping Maintenance Supervisor informed of any maintenance issues that arise;
- Proven work experience of 2 years with working knowledge in Carpentry, Mechanical, Plumbing and Electrical;
- Knowledge of power tools and equipment safety;
- Excellent communication skills, tact and diplomacy is required in order to deal effectively with students, staff and contractors;
- Ability to work efficiently in an atmosphere of frequent interruption, to work cooperatively with a wide range of co-workers, supervisors, other professionals, and in a team;
SALARY: To be determined according to education and experience
HOURS: 8 hours/day, 40 hours per week
CLOSING: December 6, 2021 by 4:00pm
|Please submit a cover letter along with a resume, and written permission for LSFN Human Resources to contact two employment references, (most recent supervisors) must be provided. Applications can be mailed, faxed, emailed or delivered to:||Lac Seul First Nation
Frenchman’s Head Band Office
P.O. Box 100
Hudson, ON. P0V 1X0
Attention: C/o HR Dept.
Fax #: (807) 582-3585
All applicants will be required to provide a Child and Abuse Registry and a criminal reference check.