Laundry Aide – Casual
Sioux Lookout First Nation Health Authority
Fulltime Position Location: Sioux Lookout, ON
Starting Salary Rate: 19.570 per hour
Under the supervision of the Team Leader, the Laundry Aide is responsible to maintain clean laundry at the hostel.
Who can apply: Persons of First Nations ancestry will be given preference (s.16 (1)CHRA)
Applicants must possess:
- Will consider life experience/skills related to this position
- Secondary education preferred
- Ability to learn how to operate industrial washers and dryers
- Ability to work on your feet all day
- Ability to work various shifts
- Ability to lift 20 lbs
- Must be an independent and self-motivated worker
- Ability to learn WHMIS
Knowledge and Ability:
- Sort dirty laundry according to type, load washers and program machines.
- Load Dryers
- Fold linen manually.
- Restocking and distribution of linen carts.
- Removal of damage linens from rooms.
- Follow cleaning schedule.
- Inventory control.
- Mentoring other staff to in order to cover for them.
- Participate in meetings for quality improvement projects and audits.
- Responsible for taking reasonable care to protect the health and safety of yourself and others by practicing and promoting safe work habits by using personal protective equipment and reporting unsafe acts or conditions to your manager.
- Help assist with stripping of beds and gathering towels in rooms when necessary
- Any other duties as assigned.
Please send cover letter, resume, three most recent employment references and an up-to-date Criminal Reference Check with a Vulnerable Person’s Sector Check to:
Human Resource Department
Sioux Lookout First Nations Health Authority
P.O. Box 1300, 61 Queen Street
Sioux Lookout, ON P8T 1B8
Phone: (807) 737-1802
Fax: (807) 737-2969
Email: Human.Resources@slfnha.com or apply online at www.slfnha.com/careers
Closing Date: Open
No resumes received after this time will be accepted.
The Health Authority wishes to thank all applicants in advance.
However, only those granted an interview will be contacted.
For additional information regarding the Health Authority, please visit our Web-site at www.slfnha.com
SLFNHA is a proud supporter of Mikinakoos Children’s Fund. To find out more, visit www.mikinakoos.com