Date: Jan 7, 2022
Location: Red Lake, ON, CA
Company: Evolution Mining Limited
Evolution Mining is a leading, growth focused globally relevant gold company. Evolution was created in late 2011 and operates five wholly owned mines across Australia and Ontario, Canada. We are passionate about our values of safety, excellence, accountability and respect and they underpin everything we do.
The purpose of the Industrial Hygienist role is to demonstrate a high level of expertise in the areas of mine site testing, chemical substance assessments, in-house occupational hygiene training, and exposure level analysis.
- Roster: Local – 5 days on/ 2 days off/ 4 days on/ 3 days off – 9.5 hour shifts
- Residential role
- We offer competitive salaries, bonus structures and future growth
- Location: Red Lake, Canada
At Evolution, we’re passionate about Our Culture and Values.
We are an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity, offering exceptional career environments at our Sites and our Group Office, that are challenging, rewarding and fun for all employees. We are regularly supporting our employees’ work-life integration and provide a stimulating and inclusive environment to foster development.
Evolution Mining is a leading, growth-focused globally relevant gold company. We were created in late 2011 and operate five wholly owned mines across Australia and Ontario, Canada. In addition, we hold an economic interest in the Ernest Henry copper-gold mine in Queensland.
We are committed to supporting the communities in which we operate, with local applicants encouraged to apply.
The safety, health and wellbeing of our people and the communities in which we operate are of paramount importance to us. We believe that every injury is preventable, and we are committed to providing a healthy and safe workplace and empowering our people to stop any unsafe behaviour, enabling everyone to work together towards an injury free workplace.
About our Operation
Our Red Lake Operation is located in an area where you will experience the best in Northern lifestyle, in the heart of a lake-studded, boreal forest region in Sunset Country. Red Lake is known for its natural beauty, abundant wildlife, and incredible Canadian fishing in the many freshwater lakes in the area. The Red Lake district is located 180 kilometers north of Dryden about 100 kilometers from the Manitoba border in Northwestern Ontario, Canada. It spans 42,000 hectares and has produced over 29 million ounces of gold since 1949. Our Red Lake Operation includes the Red Lake and Campbell underground mining and processing complexes, and Cochenour, a potential new source of ore. As Evolution’s newest asset and our first in North America, we are excited by the opportunities here.
About the role
The Industrial Hygienist role offers an exceptional opportunity to plan, coordinate and conduct evaluation of work operations, and work processes, which potentially have chemical, physical or biological hazards.
Key result areas in this role include:
- Audit occupational hygiene and related programs; Critically evaluate environments, processes, materials inventories, demographics to recognize potential health risks to persons
- Recommend effective control measures to mitigate risks via engineering and personal protective methods
- Assess human exposures to hazards through a combination of qualitative and quantitative methods to determine health risks and achieve regulatory compliance
- Coordinate occupational hygiene programs with related departments
- Coordinate and maintain respirator fit testing and ensure all testing at RLO are in compliance to the Ontario mining regulations
- Maintenance of gas detection and safety data systems
- Work closely with the health and safety group, occupational health nurse and other stakeholders
- Closely track emerging trends and techniques in the field of Industrial Hygiene
- Other duties assigned by your supervisor
As an Industrial Hygienist, you will have an University degree or College/Technical Diploma in Occupational Hygiene or equivalent.
It is also important that you have/ can demonstrate:
- Certified Industrial Hygienist qualification would be preferred
- Common core training and train the trainer accreditation would be an asset
- Demonstrated experience in the field is preferred
- Familiarity with Industrial Hygiene legislation, programs, sampling, and testing applications
- Strong knowledge in OHS Legislation and compliance
- Ergonomic assessments and Quantitative respirator fit testing experience
- Proficiency in MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), and iNet
- Familiar with the underground, surface and milling environments
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal, Effective organizational skills, Effective motivation and presentation skills
- Possesses a strong work ethic and lives Evolution’s values
- Works well independently with limited supervision and a flexible team player
Closing date: January 21, 2021
We thank you for taking the time to submit your application. For more information, you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org .
External candidates can apply online by visiting https://careers.evolutionmining.com.au
Internal candidates must apply through ERROLL under internal vacancies, please ensure to notify your supervisor of your application.
We want your perspective and ideas to help us find better ways to build our team. You can be part of a committed, highly skilled team who will appreciate what you bring to the table. You will set and achieve goals and make decisions that matter, as together we help shape and contribute to the Evolution vision. As an equal opportunity employer, Evolution is committed to diversity, inclusion, and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.