Graduate – Metallurgist
Evolution Mining is a leading, growth focused globally relevant gold company. Evolution was created in late 2011 and operates five wholly owned mines across Australia and Ontario, Canada. We are passionate about our values of safety, excellence, accountability and respect and they underpin everything we do.
The Metallurgists at Evolution are responsible for ensuring that key processing plant operating parameters are achieved, remain within target and are accurately reported. They also monitor and ensure that the consumption of process consumables remains in line with budget, and they carry out continuous improvement projects in the form of metallurgical test work and trials. These are aimed at improving gold production, gold recovery, and processing costs.
The purpose of the graduate program is to develop experience and gain exposure within the site Metallurgy teams.
- Focus on your development with Individual Development Plans, mentors, and face to face development workshops focusing on professional and business management skills
- Exposure to Senior Leaders throughout our Corporate and Operational teams
- International exposure to both Canadian and Australian operations and jurisdictions
We are an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity, offering exceptional career environments at our Sites and our Group Office, that are challenging, rewarding and fun for all employees. We are regularly supporting our employees’ work-life integration and provide a stimulating and inclusive environment to foster development.
Evolution Mining is a leading, growth-focused globally relevant gold company. We were created in late 2011 and operate five wholly owned mines across Australia and Ontario, Canada. In addition, we hold an economic interest in the Ernest Henry copper-gold mine in Queensland. We are committed to supporting the communities in which we operate, with local applicants encouraged to apply.
The safety, health and wellbeing of our people and the communities in which we operate are of paramount importance to us. We believe that every injury is preventable, and we are committed to providing a healthy and safe workplace and empowering our people to stop any unsafe behaviour, enabling everyone to work together towards an injury free workplace.
About our Operation
Our Red Lake Operation is located in an area where you will experience the best in Northern lifestyle, in the heart of a lake-studded, boreal forest region in Sunset Country. Red Lake is known for its natural beauty, abundant wildlife, and incredible Canadian fishing in the many freshwater lakes in the area. The Red Lake district is located 180 kilometers north of Dryden about 100 kilometers from the Manitoba border in North-western Ontario, Canada. It spans 42,000 hectares and has produced over 29 million ounces of gold since 1949. Our Red Lake Operation includes the Red Lake and Campbell underground mining and processing complexes, and Cochenour, a potential new source of ore. As Evolution’s newest asset and our first in North America, we are excited by the opportunities here.
About the role
The Graduate Metallurgist role key result areas include:
- Actively participate and engage in all development activities both on site and with the group office
- Fulfill the requirements of the Graduate Program, including attendance at all formal workshops and webinars, and completion of assignments and deliverables to the designated timeframe
- Actively promote continuous improvement to improve safety, improve operational efficiencies and reduce costs
- Be proactive in identifying and reporting potential hazards and eliminating risk taking behaviours or actions
- Maintain a positive attitude towards safety in the workplace and increase safety awareness, implement safety training and promotions, and set an example for others
- Demonstrate behaviours aligned with Evolution Mining values of Safety, Excellence, Accountability, Respect
- Complete rotations across processing roles (operations, laboratory) and cross functions (mining, geology, maintenance, finance/commercial) as part of professional development
- Monitor and report plant metallurgical performance under guidance of plant metallurgists
- Carryout metallurgical test work and plant trials that are aimed at improving efficiencies and/or costs, and provide technical reports on the findings and recommendations
- Completed a Metallurgy, Minerals Processing, Chemical Engineering or similar degree within the last 3 years,
- Are a Canadian citizen or permanent resident, and
- Nationally mobile (relocation package provided by Evolution Mining)
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
Closing Date: January 15th, 2022
We thank you for taking the time to submit your application. For more information, you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org
External candidates can apply online by visiting https://careers.evolutionmining.com.au
We want your perspective and ideas to help us find better ways to build our team. You can be part of a committed, highly skilled team who will appreciate what you bring to the table. You will set and achieve goals and make decisions that matter, as together we help shape and contribute to the Evolution vision. As an equal opportunity employer, Evolution is committed to diversity, inclusion, and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.