Midex Resources Ltd Sturgeon Lake Property
Midex Resources Ltd., is a junior exploration company, with mineral interests in the Sturgeon Lake Property, located by the historic St. Anthony Mine. Midex is seeking to begin early stage exploration on the Sturgeon Lake Property, and will require local expertise to support field programs.
Job Details and Description
As a Geotechnical Assistant for Midex, you can expect to work in an inclusive environment that supports growth and empowers learning and success! Your primary duties will require extensive time working in an outdoor environment for long durations, in varying weather conditions. You will be a part of a team conducting prospecting, till sampling, channel sampling and mapping activities.
Skills & Experience
- Enjoyment of the outdoors and able to work in varying weather conditions;
- Physically fit and able to work long hours in the field;
- Experience operating ATV’s and boats , and knowledge of industry safety practices;
- Team player that enjoys working as part of a professional team;
- Adaptable to field conditions and shifting field priorities;
- Ability to exercise good judgement, and practice safety leadership;
- Knowledge of the surrounding area and areas of sensitivity or cultural significance;
- Experience or knowledge of prospecting and the mining industry is an asset;
- Knowledge of using a compass and GPS; and
- A local community member.
Pay Rate: $200 per day
Part-time position based on field work requirements and is expected to begin in the summer of 2021.
Resources to Support Your Success
As you set out on your career adventure as a Geotechnical Assistant, you can count on a toolbox of resources to foster your success in your new role! Midex is committed to providing on the job training to ensure you are successful and safely fulfilling your field duties. Additionally, the Midex team will help maximize learning opportunities through in the field mentoring that helps you grow and enhance your skill set and knowledge about the mining industry.
HOW TO APPLY for this great opportunity
- Submit a short cover letter telling us a little bit about yourself and why you think you would be a good candidate for this role.
- Submit a resume highlighting your experience, education and interests.
Email your application to:
Or fill out the online application at:
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.