Lac Seul First Nation
Lac Seul First Nation requires a full time Executive Assistant that will report to LSFN Chief and Council and Executive Director. The successful candidate will perform a full range of administrative services that support the Lac Seul Chief and Council and senior management with their responsibilities. The Executive Assistant is a part of the management team. This includes making travel arrangements, organizing and coordinating meetings, appointment calendars, preparing meeting agendas, taking meeting minutes, preparing correspondence, thoroughly reviewing incoming mail, faxes, and submission reports. The Executive Assistant will distribute and direct correspondence to the Chief, appropriate Council and staff members.
This is a very fast paced and highly confidential role and requires a highly motivated individual who has the following credentials.
- Minimum Grade 12 and completion of a business college certificate is preferred;
- Extensive experience in a senior administrative/secretarial role;
- Strong positive work attitude accompanied by excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Excellent word processing skills and high knowledge level in computer applications; able to accurately and efficiently produce required documents on time and without error;
- Must possess well developed customer service skills, able to receive calls on behalf of the Council and direct them to the right party;
- Able to deal with basic problems as they arises and provide calm, objective approach;
- Able to understand the political nuances of issues and work in a highly confidential environment; when to consult with and/or inform Council members;
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Promptly receive and screen incoming telephone calls to the Council, provide friendly and professional greeting, taking messages as appropriate, and eliciting necessary information to allow timely and accurate responses. Respond where appropriate.
- Remain aware and update Chief and Council meeting schedules and provide general administrative support to the Chief and Council members such as preparing memos, correspondence, briefs, submissions and other documents for Council;
- Act as liaison between Chief and Council and the management team.
- Prepare meeting agendas, record and effectively maintain minutes and BCR records;
- Provide accurate word-processing support by composing and/or editing a variety of documents. This includes many highly confidential correspondence, memoranda, contracts and proposals
- Develop and maintain well organized filing system that permits easy reference and rapid retrieval of information
- Arrange travel, hotel, and car reservations and prepare itinerary, both corporate and personal for the person(s) traveling.
- Responsible for continuously expanding and updating professional knowledge and honing training skills in order to enhance individual and team innovation and productivity.
- Coordinate and communicate with staff, outside businesses, vendors and stakeholders to set up meetings; attend management meetings and arrange minutes as required;
- Oversee and coordinate travel arrangements as well as Travel expense submissions for Council and the Directors;
- Act as Lead Coordinator and a key team member for special events as assigned by Council.
- Conduct research, compile data and prepare presentation related to the issues of Lac Seul First Nation;
- Perform extra functions and liaise on behalf as the Council members as directed or assumed on interpersonal initiative.
- Must possess a valid Ontario Driver’s Licence and have access to a vehicle
- Must be available to travel as needed.
LOCATION: Frenchman’s Head, Lac Seul First Nation
SALARY: To commensurate with education and experience
TERM: Full Time
DEADLINE: Thursday, June 24, 2021. Late applications will not be accepted.
To apply please submit a resume along with a cover letter and written permission for LSFN HR Department to contact three employment references of which two must be most recent supervisors.
Please drop off, mail, fax, or email:
Lac Seul First Nation Email:
ATT: HR Department firstname.lastname@example.org
Direct HR Fax Number: 1-807-582-3525
Only those persons selected for an interview will be contacted.
LSFN requires Criminal Reference Checks from those offered positions.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.